Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@morello, Fiora buffs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Laue

Recruiter

01-24-2013

Thing is, even then, her W active part feels very weak. You get very little satisfaction from using it. It is inferior to Pantheon's PASSIVE, has a relatively long cd, and does a minor damage that does not scale with her items. And the visual is meh too.

Same goes for her passive. What if her passive stacks would work with Riposite? For each passive stack, you shave off x seconds from her Riposite, but Riposite has way longer base cooldown. Or successfully parrying an attack would instantly heal Fiora for the amount of regeneration she would receive from her passive in 6 seconds (if she would regen ~40 hp in 6 seconds, she would gain it instantly and refresh her passive).

thresholden

01-24-2013

Quote:
Âvåtâr Körrã:
Fiora is the best low level pub stomper in the game. You cannot buff her without destroying all level 1 to 29 games in the process.

The examples you gave on how her ult is "so easily countered" are the few champions in the game who have very long range flashes and a tower nearby. These are very specific examples. In truth her ult is not easily countered at all.

If you want to see an ult that is easily countered, play Kennen. Any amount off CC, or flash, or zhonyas or just building tanky are all easy ways to make him useless.

If you buff Fiora, all low level Fiora players will win 100% of their games.

All aboard the hyperbole train. Fiora is hardly the best pubstomper, Her kill reset is no where as strong as Master Yi's, Kat's, or Khazix. Bruiser's in general are better for pub stomping anyways due to their tankiness.

Here's a list of things that counter Fiora's ultimate:

Bushes: break vision and it cancels
Stealth
Jax's Dodge
Blinds
Enemy Fiora's W
Spells with leashes
Suppressions: even if Fiora activates her ultimate first, suppressions can stop it
Damage over time spells
blinking under a tower

Or just kill her before she finishes her initial channel. Fiora's ultimate has a ~.4 startup time in which she is still targetable. You will hear her first "tink" sound effect but she can still be hit.

KotlettDrake

01-24-2013

Quote:
Âvåtâr Körrã:
Fiora is the best low level pub stomper in the game. You cannot buff her without destroying all level 1 to 29 games in the process.

The examples you gave on how her ult is "so easily countered" are the few champions in the game who have very long range flashes and a tower nearby. These are very specific examples. In truth her ult is not easily countered at all.

If you want to see an ult that is easily countered, play Kennen. Any amount off CC, or flash, or zhonyas or just building tanky are all easy ways to make him useless.

Darius should win 100% of games then right? cause he can own fiora

SirDoomington

01-24-2013

Even if Riposte blocked on-hits, it would still feel weak, especially without any real scaling.

What if, in addition to/instead of returning damage, riposte disarmed the attacker for a short time? Even if it was just for a second or a second and a half, it would really fit with the Duelist theme.

Lady Mai

01-24-2013

Quote:
Morello:
We had a version of this in PBE that we dialed back on, but I think there's a middle ground that's right. Being more distinct is big here, too.

I think parrying towers would be fun.

Stiletto

01-24-2013

Quote:
Âvåtâr Körrã:

You're making the absurd argument that ANY kind of improvement to Fiora will result in massive game imbalance. Ignoring the possibility of arriving at a reasonable point of equilibrium by making changes in small increments is, frankly, the most illogical thing I've ever seen on this thread.

Undeniable statistic: Fiora wins 40-45% of her games.
Postulate: Buffing her to any degree will make low level players win 100% of their games.

Assume that any players below 1 standard deviation to the mean (32%) count as "low level players."
If all these players win when they play Fiora, you're claiming that this will raise her win rate to 72-78%. Can you honestly see this happening?

Mikhal

01-24-2013

While we're at it, can you increase the duration of her Riposte to be 2.0 seconds? Granted it's satisfying to having that counter feeling, but Jax's counterstrike lasts longer and reduces AOE damage by 25%, stuns, and dodges all autos.

It just feels better if Riposte was 2.0 seconds (or a shorter cooldown, but that'd break her).

chumbler

01-24-2013

Not being able to block on-hits isn't the main thing holding her back, or even really one of the biggest things holding her back, it's just completely stupid that her parry doesn't do it. Yeah it'll be nice in like 3 matchups, but she will still have pretty much nothing going for her, and it's hard to get excited about something that she should have been able to do from the beginning. She needs to be completely remade.

hotfire

01-24-2013

So it would negate spells like tf gold card, or naut's passive?

zergman

01-24-2013

Quote:
Morello:
We had a version of this in PBE that we dialed back on, but I think there's a middle ground that's right. Being more distinct is big here, too.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't a minion trigger her parry? I know when I jungle her she can block attacks with it. My concern is a Jax starts his stun animation and you cast her parry, but before his stun goes off a nearby minion attacks her and triggers it.