@morello, Fiora buffs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dulkan

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntaxs View Post
I perfectly timed my W to "dodge" Jayce Hammer E... but hey it's on hit and just rapes you... meeh
it's not on hit, it's a targeted spell, so Morellos Riposte suggestion won't help against it either.

on topic:
I'd prefer to see her W turned into her passive. Let it stack up a few charges, once she reaches higher levels.

Fioras biggest problem is that both her passive and her W are essentially useless past 10min into the game. Turning W to passive which stores 3-4 charges lategame keeps the ability useful all the time and frees W up to give her something new.

Otherwise simply allowing Riposte to save up charges instead of having a hard cooldown, similar to how Vis Excessive Force works might also be good.

thresholden

01-24-2013

This buff will not address Fiora's fundamental problems. Her problems are that she has no true escapes, has no ranged farming tools, can't duel bruisers head on, over reliance on her ultimate for power, her squishyness, and doesn't have cc. This suggestion of blocking on-hit effects has been asked by Fiora players since she's been released but it won't make her much more viable. She still has too many weaknesses and not enough strengths to make up for it.

Secondly, does this buff include on-hit effects that convert physical damage into magical damage such as Twisted Fate's W or Poppy's Q?

Thirdly, are you going to adjust her passive? It is comparatively awful compared to Xin's W, Irelia's W, Warwick's passive and almost every other sustain passive out there. Fiora is supposed to be able to duel tankier opponents in laning phase by using Q + AA + Q + AA and retreating to let her passive heal her to win the trade but the numbers aren't high enough to support your design intent. It then becomes completely negligible come teamfights. Her "duelist" passive ironically doesn't help her in duels.

Lastly, what is your overall intent for the melee AD class? Right now they are a essentially a soft assassin class with less burst and more cleanup power. Fiora's best role in teamfights is isolating the ranged AD carry and assassinating them as she would simply get cc'ed and bursted against mages and can't outduel bruisers. Is this what you want for Fiora? An assassin with minimal disengage? You can't play her is the only AD carry on the team because she has no poke, can't siege towers, and has to wait for clean up duty. Melee AD carries like Yi, Tryndamere and Fiora are too reliant on their ultimates for power, which makes them hard to balance.

I've thought a lot about Fiora's design and problems and I'm glad to see Riot is finally looking at her. I just don't want it to be a band aid fix and then have her ignored again.

Horuspinker

01-24-2013

Her passive could be replaced with the life steal component of the doren's blade and probably a build system.

More hits more life steal.

Tofubots

01-24-2013

This on hit effect block on parry was suggested since Fiora was released. What took so long for reds to take notice of this?

Kr1sys

01-24-2013

Would love to see a Fiora buff. I already play her in lane in tough matchups just because she's fun as hell, but would love to see her be pretty balanced up against some of those tough matchups.

Kr1sys

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispymelonbread View Post
This on hit effect block on parry was suggested since Fiora was released. What took so long for reds to take notice of this?
Probably because Riot is too afraid of making melee carries strong, which they've sort of done by making bruisers really strong.

Stiletto

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulkan View Post
it's not on hit, it's a targeted spell, so Morellos Riposte suggestion won't help against it either.

on topic:
I'd prefer to see her W turned into her passive. Let it stack up a few charges, once she reaches higher levels.

Fioras biggest problem is that both her passive and her W are essentially useless past 10min into the game. Turning W to passive which stores 3-4 charges lategame keeps the ability useful all the time and frees W up to give her something new.

Otherwise simply allowing Riposte to save up charges instead of having a hard cooldown, similar to how Vis Excessive Force works might also be good.
I like this idea. Creates gameplay without mindless decisions.

MeanderingBeaver

01-24-2013

Any chance we could see her attempt to attack the lunge target? Her maintaining her original target before and after lunge has caused some confusing gameplay interactions.

Cerulean Laser

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I think that's actually what we'll have to do with a melee-carry style with Fiora. I also think it adds a lot to the fantasy of a fencer-style fighter - being able to dash aside a lot of power with a quick deflect.
What do you think about increasing the range from 400 on Blade Waltz? or do you think it is fine the way it is?

vtr Krr

01-24-2013

Fiora is the best low level pub stomper in the game. You cannot buff her without destroying all level 1 to 29 games in the process.

The examples you gave on how her ult is "so easily countered" are the few champions in the game who have very long range flashes and a tower nearby. These are very specific examples. In truth her ult is not easily countered at all.

If you want to see an ult that is easily countered, play Kennen. Any amount off CC, or flash, or zhonyas or just building tanky are all easy ways to make him useless.

If you buff Fiora, all low level Fiora players will win 100% of their games.