Alright Lux fans, get in here.

12345 ... 10
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmugUniverse

01-23-2013

EDIT: ALRIGHT YOU DENSE BABIES THIS ISN'T A DISCUSSION ABOUT IF THE SKINS ARE OVERSATURATED OR IF THEY'RE GOOD, THIS IS A DISCUSSION ABOUT HOW YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT YOUR WAIFU

Quote:
The people of Demacia are driven by their common cause to disseminate benevolence and order for the betterment of all beings throughout Valoran. They view malice and selfishness as a disease which should be expunged from the psyche of humankind. Those who come to Demacia and choose to settle within the borders of the city-state are expected to share the ideals and virtues of its citizenry. Those who seek personal gain at the expense of others quickly find themselves ostracized… or worse.

Life in Demacia is not one of placid utopian dreams. Since the Demacian people pride themselves as the moral vanguards of Valoran, they adopt seemingly draconian measures to ensure that their moral code remains the only code by which one may live within the city-state. Crime in any form is harshly punished: there are no misdemeanors within Demacia. Some detractors of Demacia (who criticize far from the reaches of the city-state) claim this as proof of its inherent hypocrisy. Demacians counter this argument by pointing out that their justice system incorporates benevolence and mitigation into its verdicts. No one is punished without fair and just consideration of the circumstances involved. While others may continue to criticize the harshness of Demacian law, the Demacians stand by their convictions.
Quote:
Born to the prestigious Crownguards, the paragon family of Demacian service, Luxanna was destined for greatness. She grew up as the family’s only daughter, and she immediately took to the advanced education and lavish parties required of families as high profile as the Crownguards. As Lux matured, it became clear that she was extraordinarily gifted. She could play tricks that made people believe they had seen things that did not actually exist. She could also hide in plain sight. Somehow, she was able to reverse engineer arcane magical spells after seeing them cast only once. She was hailed as a prodigy, drawing the affections of the Demacian government, military, and citizens alike.

As one of the youngest women to be tested by the College of Magic, she was discovered to possess a unique command over the powers of light. The young Lux viewed this as a great gift, something for her to embrace and use in the name of good. Realizing her unique skills, the Demacian military recruited and trained her in covert operations. She quickly became renowned for her daring achievements; the most dangerous of which found her deep in the chambers of the Noxian High Command. She extracted valuable inside information about the Noxus-Ionian conflict, earning her great favor with Demacians and Ionians alike. However, reconnaissance and surveillance was not for her. A light of her people, Lux's true calling was the League of Legends, where she could follow in her brother’s footsteps and unleash her gifts as an inspiration for all of Demacia.
Lux' personality isn't "bubbly" or anything like it. She's a military tool in a dicatorship.
Her character has no lines that would make you think she's "kawaii", her lore centainly would not make you think she's "your kawaii waifu" and Demacia as a whole is an opressive regime.

You can say it's not what you want, you can just not like the skin, you could even argue that a "kawaii uguu" skin for Lux would be funny considering her background.

But for the love of god
CAN YOU PLEASE STOP SAYING MILITARY SKINS DON'T FIT HER.

I don't even play Lux. I haven't played her once in two years of playing this game. But I'm not gonna go and say "Talon is just my misunderstood hunk of man" or "Sion is actually a girl" because it's just not true.

Added Quotes
Attachment 598602

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylum Lux View Post
I'm not some bubbly airhead wizard girl. I'm a three-dimensional person.

I also want to kill you.

(By the way, Lux's judgement shows a lot more of her character than her lore does.)
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...ague_Judgement for the judgement.
You can read that if you're not convinced, but it's basically "EVIL IS BAD AND I AM GOOD THEREFOR I MUST FIGHT EVIL... OR MAYBE NOT?"

Ghost attachment, but whatever. One of them works.

IndecisivePlayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

people that play this game aren't going to read this

inb4 DEMACIA, **** YEAH

CCC Powerhead

01-23-2013

And ezreal doesn't come from the future but, well, **** logic, pulsefire ezreal.

Insentience

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSI Starstorm View Post
CAN YOU PLEASE STOP SAYING MILITARY SKINS DON'T FIT HER.
I don't know. That Steel Legion outfit looks a bit big on her.

She should get it in a smaller size.

Asylum Lux

01-23-2013

I'm not some bubbly airhead wizard girl. I'm a three-dimensional person.

I also want to kill you.

(By the way, Lux's judgement shows a lot more of her character than her lore does.)
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...ague_Judgement for the judgement.

Scarlet Flandre

01-23-2013

Demacians, I hate those guys

Rampant Magic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

I agree. They do fit her, but Imperial/Commando didn't. Spellthief did, and honestly, I think Steel Legion does since it brings in a more advanced technology theme (like the Fullmetal skins, Pulsefire, Steel Legion Garen, etc.) and combines it with her military theme.

While I don't like that she has 3 military skins, I think that this recent one, Steel Legion, is pretty neat compared to the other two. I honestly love it and full intend to buy it, (my first skin on her since Spellthief).

They do need more "relaxed" skins for her though, she is really lacking on them. I really hope she will get a skin like, say, Arcade Sona, a colorful skin that displays her happy personality. Right now we've only had skins that make her look cold and calculating.

The Frim

01-23-2013

You're brave, son. Real brave.

Melancholy Exile

01-23-2013

I'm pretty sure the main complaint is an over-saturation of military skins, not that they exist.

Regardless, Lux's personality is bubbly and trying to claim otherwise is just silly. Whether that should be the case, given the nature of the environment she grew up in, is a different question altogether. There's definitely a notable disconnect there between how she appears in the game and what her lore would suggest.

RavenHusky

01-23-2013

She already has two military skins, we didn't need a third.

12345 ... 10