Banned for DC'ing (Problems)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iJayfeather

01-23-2013

I don't know if this went on like the tribunal or not, but I reconnected to my game. Obviously I wasn't there for long, it was only a 20 something minute game. The game auto suspended me, and I didn't know where to post this thread at. I just think that it was an unfair ban. I love to play the game, and I can't help that when my internet decided to go whack, I get punished for it.

Basically what happen was when I came home from school, my computer wouldn't connect to wifi. So I just have my computer plugged in instead. A problem happen yesterday in a draft game that I couldn't reconnect. The game just stopped working, and I wasn't able to reconnect. I was sent to this https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...hen-logging-in

I did everything it said to do, and eventually I was able to log in (when dealing with it today). You probably ask, "why would you go into another game knowing your game might mess up?" Well I played multiple games last night and I had no issues. So I decided I'd play today.

During the whole time that I was supposed to be in the game jungling, my team was winning the game. But then problems started. I was 'attempting to reconnect' and I couldn't reconnect. So I tried restarting everything and I couldn't get it to log in (that's when I went to that link) I did everything it said to do and it worked. As I got in, my adc was ultra fed and the other team had surrendered about 5 minutes that I got in.

There is clearly evidence of me having ping/connection problems. I don't feel as if this a fair ban, I don't really know if I can get un-banned by posting this but I think it's worth a shot. I just want to play more league ^_^

Please don't flame me, I accept constructive criticism.

YueienGato

01-23-2013

Go to the tech support forum: those folks probably know more.

And I do feel sympathetic: have had an on and off relationship with the LoL Client . . . been crashing a bit lately. Trying to find fixes but so far nothing seems to work so /shrug just been keeping off it.

Kantala

01-23-2013

You were busted by the Leaverbuster and there is no way to repeal the ban or reduce the time. It's unfortunate that you don't feel it's a fair ban, but the other players you were with when you were consistently disconnecting weren't treated fairly when you left them hanging. It's up to you to have a stable connection when playing matches.

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...ver-buster-faq

To keep your ban from becoming lengthier, you need to play a certain amount of games (without a leave :EDIT to reduce the time of your next ban from d/c or leaves.

iJayfeather

01-23-2013

Sucks man, but thanks. I mean, they really didn't have to deal with much anyways, they won the game :P

I'll have to wait out the 3 days O.O

Gimpyloser

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantala View Post
You were busted by the Leaverbuster and there is no way to repeal the ban or reduce the time. It's unfortunate that you don't feel it's a fair ban, but the other players you were with when you were consistently disconnecting weren't treated fairly when you left them hanging. It's up to you to have a stable connection when playing matches.

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...ver-buster-faq

To keep your ban from becoming lengthier, you need to play a certain amount of games (without a leave :EDIT to reduce the time of your next ban from d/c or leaves.
Sounds kind of harsh but sound advice. I have had issues to in the past with client crashes etc. I'd recommend playing custom games with bots until you can stabalize the game and/or connection.
In the meantime, just make a smurf account with a different email and enjoy. Low level games give you a unique perspective on why the tribunal is such a necessary tool anyway.

iJayfeather

01-23-2013

Yeah I tested it last night after my other crash, and everything was working fine so I assumed today that things would be ok, and I played one game right before it and everything was fine and then this game just went totally whack on me.

Gimpyloser

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJayfeather View Post
Yeah I tested it last night after my other crash, and everything was working fine so I assumed today that things would be ok, and I played one game right before it and everything was fine and then this game just went totally whack on me.
Try a full reinstall and stay away from player made mods/skins.

YueienGato

01-23-2013

: / but that Generation Girl skin for Ahri is so hawt!

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJayfeather View Post
I can't help that when my internet decided to go whack, I get punished for it.
****ass. Nine other people get punished for it. Stop *****ing and fix your ****, or don't play, because nobody cares that you got banned for ****ing over everyone else in the game.

iJayfeather

01-23-2013

Haha I don't use custom skins. But yeah I'll try reinstalling.