Shingunto: The Shogun

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iam Versatility

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

{Shingunto} - {The Shogun}

Quote:
Pictures:
Attachment 618766 Attachment 618869 Attachment 624398 Attachment 619136
By: Zero-Mecha By: ZhangJC By: DakkFayden By: DakkFayden
Quote:
Quote:
{Overview}

-Gender (Male)
-Race (Human)
-Origin (The Institute of War)
-Alliance (Good)
-Class: (Ad Carry)
-Subclass: (Bruiser)
-Weapon: (Ranged Bow/Katana/Naginata)
-Attack Type: (Melee/Ranged)
-Energy Source: (Energy)
Quote:
Shingunto is a ranged ad carry with melee bruiser tendencies. Shingunto uses a yumi "bow", a katana "sword", and a Naginata "spear".
Quote:
{Abilities}
Quote:
Attachment 612249
Passive (Self Reflection):
Every 7 basic attacks summon a reflection of Shingunto, These reflections do 5% (1% per lv) of Shingunto's total damage. These reflections Have 5% (1% per lv) of shinguntos defensive stats. Example: Armour, magic resist, health. "Can't be controled, prioritize Enemy Champs, Cannon minions, Melee minions, Caster minions
Max (23%)
Quote:
Attachment 612257
Q (Quick Draw):
Quickly draws a katana from his side slashing when he draws and when sheathing it deals damage in a cone in front of him.

-Type (AOE)
-Amount(30 / 55 / 80 / 105 / 130) (+(0.6 per attack damage point)) every time it passes threw enemies (2max)
-Buff/Debuff Type Slow
-Buff/Debuff Value (20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40)%
-Duration 2 sec
-Range/Radius/AoE 600
-Cost 50 Energy
-Cooldown 9 / 8.5/ 8/ 7.5/ 7
-Target Type (Enemy)
-Should be used in the beginning when in range after using grappling shot, followed by a back slash into another quickdraw
Quote:
Attachment 612258
W (Back Slash):
Draws a Naginata from your back slashing what ever direction your cursor is and pulling enemies towards you and to the side your cursor was at the end of the pull it applies a snare for .5 sec

-Type (Aoe)
-Amount((70 / 105 / 140 / 175 / 210) (+(0.5 per attack damage point))
-Buff/Debuff Type Pull and Snare
-Duration (.5 sec)
-Range/Radius/AoE 500
-Cost 60 Energy
-Cooldown 24 / 21 / 18 / 15 / 12
-Target Type (Enemy)
Horas by using Backslash in combination with your quickdraw. When chasing use grapling shot to close the gap, then quickdraw to lower their health, then backslash to pull the enemy back into another quickdraw.
Quote:
Attachment 612259
E (Grappling Shot):
Shoots a giant Arrow from the Yumi in your hand, and if pressed again lets you move to where the arrow hit; if hits enemy target directly allows you to move to them. The longer you charge it the further its range is."Target must be isolated to lock on)

-Type (Aoe/Single target)
-Amount AOE (50 / 80 / 110 / 140 / 170) If isolated target (80 / 110 / 140 / 170 / 200) +(.9per attack damage)
-Movement Type Jump
-Duration Chain lasts for 4 sec on the field and 3 sec on the target
-Range/Radius/AoE 400-800 1.5 sec for full charge
-Cost 60 Energy
-Cooldown 16 / 14 / 12 / 10 / 8
-Target Type (Enemy, and terain.)
Use as a gap closer, and an escape mechanism.
Quote:
Attachment 612260
R(Seppuku):
Shingunto stabs himself and enemy with a wakizashi committing ritual suicide with a dealing true damage to enemy and 25% of the damage dealt to himself

-Type Single target
-Amount (220 / 280 / 340 ) true damage +(1) attack damage
-Range/Radius/AoE 250
-Cost 25% of the damage dealt as health
-Cooldown 100 / 90 / 80
-Target Type (Enemy)
if Seppuku kills target the cooldown is automatically refreshed
Quote:
{Base Stats}

-Base Health 440 (+90/level)
-Base Attack Damage 50 (+3.5/level)
-Base Attack Speed .665 (+/level)
-Attack Range (525)
-Base Armor 17 (+3.5/level)
-Magic Resistance 30 (+1.25/level)
-Movement Speed 340
-Resources 200
-Energy Regen 10 per sec 50 per 5 sec
Quote:
{Appearance}

-Height
Tall
-Physical Build
Buff/Agile
-Hair style and color
Spiky/Ponytail Red
-Eye color
Red
-Weapons
Yumi, Katana, Naginata
-Attire
Samurai Cloth's Robe and Hakama "Skirt like shorts" or Samurai Armour
-Other:
Goatee or a Long braided beard Red
Quote:
{Lore}

As a Child enslaved he fought to survive the brutal gladiator fights at the institute of war. He fought many a warrior and each fight was harder than the fight before it. He got stronger, faster, smarter threw these merciless fights to the death. He won his freedom and swore to take his revenge. He plotted to take down the Institute of War, and everyone involved in its making and the gladiator fights. He gathered men and began his valiant campaign. Shingunto might of been the leader of his army but he was not in the rear giving orders, he was in the front taking charge.
Quote:
As a child, Shingunto was born into a house of war. At a young age he was trained in the ways of battle, and under the diligent watch of his father, quickly became a prodigy. As he grew older he beseeched the Ionian master of wuju to instruct him. Master Yi saw great potential in Shingunto, but refused when he saw the spark of a violent heart within him. Enraged, Shingunto slipped off, stealing his fathers prized weapons, and ran off. For years he trained, perfecting his skills and honing his art, ready to claim his prize. He comes to the league, ready to show the master of wuju the new art of war
Nintec
"You call yourself a warrior?! I'll show you a true warrior!"
Quote:
{Dialogue}

-Champion Selection When I was your age we fought to the death
-Movement Quotes I lead from the front!
-Attacking Quotes Your head will be left in my wake
-Q Use Faster than a cowboy
-W Use Come here
-E Use You can't escape me
-R Use I am taking you with me
-Taunts You call yourself a warrior? I'll show you a warrior!
-Jokes I am the true Samurai "hiya ya ya ya hiya" (swinging weapons and shooting in all directions)
-Recall Shoots an arrow into the air "HERE I COME"
-Dance does his qeq combination animation in sequence while spinning in a circle

iam Versatility

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

b

Moby the White

01-27-2013

Lore analysis: overly short no depth to the character, I highly recommend you take a look at my Lore Creation Tips and try again here. I think you could have the potential of creating something far better. You also need to read through your work so that you can understand that specific words are phononyms meaning they sound the same but mean different things. e.g. Through, Threw, Thru- each words sounds similar but has seperate meaning. Take a look at your works and make sure your spelling and grammar is accurate.

Now back to the problems you face. Your lore cuts off and does not explain how exactly he becomes a champion, rather it suggests he is taking arms against the IoW. But this leads me to believe that he is not going to be a champion. In your intro your character is introduced as a child-slave. But this is all that we get from his background. We do not see the harshness or grotesque life that he had to live in order to survive. Take for example, if I were to describe to you the story of Les Miserables. If i just say: "Les Miserables is a tragedy where a lot of people die while a backdrop romance occurs." I would be leaving out all of the essentials and feeling of the musical itself. But if I can show the iconic moment when Gavroche gets shot, and have my reader feel the sorrow and grief then I have truly accomplished the pure aspect of that scene. And this is something you should do with every scene of importance.

Nintec

01-29-2013

As a child, Shingunto was born into a house of war. At a young age he was trained in the ways of battle, and under the diligent watch of his father, quickly became a prodigy. As he grew older he beseeched the ionian master of wuju to instruct him. Master yi saw great potential in SHingunto, but refused when he saw the spark of a violent heart within him. Enraged, Shingunto slipped off, stealing his fathers prized weapons, and ran off. For years he trained, perfecting his skills and honing his art, ready to claim his prize. He comes to the league, ready to show the master of wuju the new art of war

"You call yourself a warrior?! I'll show you a true warrior!"

Mytharionas

01-31-2013

Alright, this one took a while for me to get out. I apologize for delay, and will be looking at Shingunto posthaste.

Aesthetics:
So, classic unarmored samurai? Normally i'd be in favor of adding some distinctive flair, but Riot doesn't actually have that kind of look on their roster so Shingunto has a free pass.

Lore:
Again, a bit short for my tastes, but this one does have some coherency. He grew up learning the ways of war, but was rejected by Master Yi as an apprentice for his violent nature. Angry at his rejection, he stole his fathers weapons and cultivated his own techniques in the pursuit of revenge.

It might be a bit basic for some, but the story itself is quite serviceable.

Skillset:
I just noticed he's supposed to be a ranged AD carry. I did not expect a samurai to use ranged combat by default. So, does he use his bow?

Quote:
Passive (Self Reflection): Every 7 basic attacks summon a reflection of Shingunto, These reflections do 5% (1% per lv) of Shingunto's total damage. These reflections Have 5% (1% per lv) of shinguntos defensive stats. Example: Armour, magic resist, health. "Can't be controled, prioritize Enemy Champs, Cannon minions, Melee minions, Caster minions
Max (23%)
Interesting, so he summons clones of himself as he attacks. Truth be told, i'm not that great at champion minion balance, so I can't say anything about the stats. It does seem like a good ability to have when fighting someone who relies on skillshots though.

Quote:
Q (Quick Draw):Quickly draws a katana from his side slashing when he draws and when sheathing it.
I could use some clarification here. First of all, he deals damage on both draws and sheathes the blade. Does he automatically sheathe it after the 2 second duration, or does it have to be triggered manually?

Secondly, 600 radius means a 1200 diameter. If I point out that Karthus' Defile only has a diameter of 850 in comparison, would you consider the range of Quick Draw to be to your liking?

Quote:
W (Back Slash): Draws a Naginata from your back slashing what ever direction your cursor is and pulling enemies back in that direction at the end of the pull it applies a snare for .5 sec
I assume this functions similar to Darius' Apprehend ability. Weird skill for a ranged AD carry to have, but I suppose this guy is a hybrid of some sort. This would be pretty useful in conjunction with Quick Draw, but i'll have to take a look at the third ability to see how this combo works.

Quote:
E (Grappling Shot): Shoots a giant Arrow from the Yumi in your hand, and if pressed again lets you move to where the arrow hit; if hits enemy target directly allows you to move to them. The longer you charge it the further its range is."Target must be isolated to lock on)
Ok, so this is a mobility tool that can function on ground, or on an enemy. Combined with his other two abilities, Shingunto is looking extremely hard to shake off in a chase. Move in with Grappling Shot, Quick Draw once, bring them back with Back Slice, and let the second Quick Draw trigger as well. My only question at this point is how the ultimate would factor into this situation.

Quote:
R(Seppuku): Shingunto Commits ritual suicide dealing true damage to enemy and 25% of the damage dealt to himself
Not sure what to say about this one. This ability seems to be meant for heavy true damage. However, there seems to be a 5 component scaling on the damage, despite being the only being able to level an ultimate 3 times. You may want to fix the scaling for that.

Final Thoughts:
I must admit, I am at a disadvantage here. His lore is serviceable, and his aesthetic is nice, but there's one thing I can't seem to figure out. Shingunto is made out to be a ranged AD carry, yet a great deal of his abilities are allocated with melee tactics. If a ranged AD carry uses melee tactics, would that not put him at a disadvantage against others of his role?

I'd like to be able to offer some ideas on how to help balance this, but an AD carry with melee tendencies is something I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to balance. All I can recommend is to work on the scaling of the ultimate, but i'm drawing a blank for everything else.

Regardless, I hope my review has helped you out.

iam Versatility

01-31-2013

very good thank you for pointing out some things i failed to see his q does the two strikes in quick succession in a cone in front of him of 600 yards basically its a side to side like talons rake ability. and the duration is for his slow he applies if hit on the second time the duration will reapply the slow.

for his ult i was using olaf's true damage as a reference and forgot to take out the lower two scaling

and i See what you mean about how to balance him with other adc's, but his subclass is bruiser. I would compare how he plays to like graves and jayce. He excels in damage at close quarters. but also if you look at his kit he is able to get out rather quick. so he could ranged auto allowing the enemy to get in close q w q then e away.

let me know if that clarified some things i appreciate the review and would like to keep trading with you if that's okay so far you've given me the best reviews and i like that.

smexylolrus

Recruiter

01-31-2013

I like the champ but I am confused by him being an ADC. He just seems like Darius with some mobility.
All his abilities seem to reinforce that he wants to close distances into melee and stick to them. (gap closer, short range slow, pull back). His ult is near melee too.
Maybe you should re-evaluate making him ranged. He seems like a fine DPS heavy bruiser.

iam Versatility

01-31-2013

I see your point but i like his play style as is we have no other champion like him, and his style is almost completely unique to him you can build him as a bruiser his subclass is bruiser i suppose i cud make his main class bruiser but i will not take off his range it gives him easier last hitting at a safe distance and being able to get a shot off someone flashing away it will in end provide him with what he needs to get kills.

Tryn is considered an ad carry not so much anymore cause most the new champs are better than the older ones but you can still be an adc even if a bruiser type of spells you would just have ranged attacks

NightmareRoach

02-02-2013

I like this guys gameplay style a lot. seems like a master yi that can actually do something other than press Q and right click. His hp per lvl seems to be a bit high for the amount of damage he does. in your description of his E you don't say he loses movement speed when charging like most Champions do like Vi or Varus. I think that is an important thing to add since the range on that spell is so high when fully charged.

iam Versatility

02-02-2013

ok thanks yeah ill add that