New ranked system?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CounterSnipe

01-23-2013

I was wondering if this new system would prevent players from slipping down by large margins.

It's just that in both season 2 and season 3 I was one game away from being gold rank and I dropped to 1200/1300 both times. This season I was able to get back up to 1470 two separate times, but I am not something like 1290... It's really annoying to work hard to increase my elo only to have it crash by several hundred points.

chris2423

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

yes and no, depending on what you mean.

basically the new system is exactly the same as the current system, except right now you see your elo, the same number that is used for matchmaking. in the new system, that number will be hidden and u will see a league and a division and a number of points in that division.

once in a league, you can never drop out of that league, but your elo can still fall, but once you are gold, for example, you will always be gold, even if your elo falls down to silver or bronze. im not exactly sure how it works but it appears to bear a striking resemblance to the starcraft 2 ladder system, except in starcraft 2 you can be demoted leagues.

i guess its just to make players feel better, like as soon as you hit gold, you might think "oh i should stop playing i made it im afraid to lose" but with the new system, you can lose 100 games and still be 0 points in gold.

KingSnafu

01-23-2013

all of ur questions are answered in the annoucement section where everyone else got the info

MicKretz

01-24-2013

http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws....L_IG_EN_NA.png

i have to zoom in to see it but its all there