So, does anyone else think the Zed...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PandavengerX

01-23-2013

So, does anyone else think that Zed was the original Heart of the Tempest...

Lets analyze a bit:
In our ninja trio, we have a balance of the id, ego, and superego.

Akali, the id, is to mercilessly kill (or prune the tree) as she is an assassin.

Shen, the ego, is emotionless, the judge if you well, the balance between the id and the super ego.

Kennen, the super ego, is the most emotional of the three, and the moral compass of the group (being raised outside of Ionia)

Lets say Zed left the trio of ninjas, so they had to find a replacement. So they opt for Kennen, since he has natural speed and talent for the job.

But why was Zed so easily corrupted by this tainted power? The answer is that he, as the super ego, was PRONE TO BEING EMOTIONAL (not in the teenage girl kinda way) and was supposed to act as a moral compass. Since Zed had the most emotion, he was easily influenced by the power of the box, and used to to his own gain.

The heart of the tempest uses lightning... what does Zed add to his shadow powers in his Shockblade Zed skin? LIGHTNING! I believe that Zed was originally trained to be the Heart of the tempest, became corrupted, and in his Shockblade skin, channels some of his original powers into his attacks...

It also makes sense that all three of the ninjas SHOULD have been trained their entire lives, but Zed forced their hand and they had to FIND Kennen

Tayeus

01-24-2013

Interesting link between Shockblade Zed and Kennen

Tspuun

01-24-2013

I think you've confused id and superego there. The id is primal emotions and desires, the superego is rules; which makes Kennen the id, and Akali the superego.

A pretty interesting theory otherwise, though.

MrJayGoBOOM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Thank you Tspuun, I was just about to point out the problem with his characterization of the Superego, however I don't think you even need to think about it in those Freudian terms. I think your brilliant theory stands perfectly well on it's own with out the psycho-analysis. However this also brings up the question of the absence of elemental powers in Akali, and Shen. Why does the Heart of the Tempest have an electrical affinity whilst the other two roles don't even hint to having an affinity with any other type of elemental power?

Darkkor

01-24-2013

But, skins don't really affect the lore do they..?

MrJayGoBOOM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Some skins come from a direct result of the lore, see Dragon Slayer Jarvan IV for reference, and even then, I wouldn't put it past Riot to do such a subtle thing as to increase a dialogue with the audience. They do tend to be very involved in the community.

KiteMeGood

01-24-2013

Also, he had fed Akali lies about her duties as a Fist of Shadow, telling her how the weak must die for the sake of "balance"

PandavengerX

01-28-2013

Thanks for the correction guys, I'll edit that in when I can...

I'm surprised that with all the brilliant theory crafters we have on the forums this wasn't mentioned earlier! I did do a quick forum seach before I posted this.

bump for possible red response to this?

Ophirr

01-29-2013

Sadly, no red has responded to the lore thread for like 2 weeks. So if it got one, that'd be cool.

Hi Im Prusten

01-29-2013

anyone else notice the lore of shen and zed, doesnt really make sense?

EDIT: Shen had to watch his father die, and not be emotional, or he would fail and do more training, but in zed's he walks in. kills the dad (master) and takes over the city, no time fore tests, zed was on a rampage. FIX THIS RIOT OTHERWISE ZED NUNJA POWERS TO STRONK