Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Thresh is just so squishy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3mptylord

01-23-2013

I'm personally against "no armor per level" from a design standpoint. I think the only other champions with substantially low base stats are Singed and Rammus, whose health and attack damage are relatively low so that factoring their abilities they have the same as other champions from the offset. I stress - their passives compensate the loss immediately. And in most cases, such as Master Yi, Leona and Taric, getting free stats is suppose to be a perk immediately. Minding that - I appreciate it's not *that* hard to get souls in Summoner's Rift. He *can* easily keep up and eventually overtake - and I suppose that's the goal. And I don't mind it in Summoner's Rift.

In Dominion, though, he's just always squishier than people his level. The free experience is just quicker than he can obtain souls.

Bunnle

01-23-2013

I got about 85 souls last game and I wasn't even actively seeking them out. Souls are worth more if you haven't collected them in a while I think? Or maybe the first souls you pick up weight the most.

Thresh has mediocre ap ratios anyway, so I build him tanky regardless.

stormfallen

01-23-2013

Quote:
The first soul will grant 1 bonus ability power and armor. Subsequent souls will grant 0.01 less, down to a minimum of 0.5 per stack. This will stack to 999999.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...bility_Details (http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Thresh/Ability_Details)

Chaosos

01-23-2013

They changed it to .005 less per soul, still starting at 1, the wiki obviously hasn't had the chance to update relative to live as opposed to the PBE.

XantheInsane

01-24-2013

the reason you lack souls is because there is always someone facerolling on kassa**** or fagmo. their summoners didnt have to pay rp/ip/wait for a freeweek to play them.

Phourc

01-24-2013

Quote:
Bunnle:
I got about 85 souls last game and I wasn't even actively seeking them out. Souls are worth more if you haven't collected them in a while I think? Or maybe the first souls you pick up weight the most.

Just going to throw this here:

Quote:
It takes 49-94 souls to catch up to the armor levels of other level 18 champions (61 to 90 armor, including his base armor).

That's from the wiki, and even considering slightly quicker decrease in power, once you hit 60+ souls you're at typical caster base stats. Really it shouldn't be *that* bad.