Known bugs and Issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jazzal

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataslave View Post
Post your OS crash log from when you try to launch LoL and nothing happens.

Try posting the patcher log as well, I've seen two reports so far of repairing causing this rare bug to crop up, but dozens of reports of it happening in other circumstances.

After that, try reinstalling. If you're comfortable copying your patch files over to the new install, it will speed things up.
I fixed it by removing league, installing the package back on and manually copying files over that I needed in RAD eg. projects and solutions. (Before I saw this post)
So that works

Thrica

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzal View Post
I fixed it by removing league, installing the package back on and manually copying files over that I needed in RAD eg. projects and solutions. (Before I saw this post)
So that works
Could you explain in more detail how to do this? By removing league you mean removing the whole game?

Balderdinger

03-28-2013

Ugh .... please tell me that re-installing is not the only way to fix this. Especially when patching a fresh install takes HOURS!

How do you copy the patch files over? And why wouldn't I feel comfortable doing that?

What was the point of getting a supported Mac client if it's still going to act/be treated like a second class version? I haven't heard of any PC users having to re-install just to get through this patch.

Pharoun

03-28-2013

Played a normal earlier to make sure everything was alright, get into ranked game and champ select goes well. Game starts and I get that ridiculous firewall error. I thought my woes were over after Riot released the mac client, alas woe is me. Trying to reconnect atm to not lose my promo series.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balder1718 View Post
Ugh .... please tell me that re-installing is not the only way to fix this. Especially when patching a fresh install takes HOURS!

How do you copy the patch files over? And why wouldn't I feel comfortable doing that?

What was the point of getting a supported Mac client if it's still going to act/be treated like a second class version? I haven't heard of any PC users having to re-install just to get through this patch.
The pc users aren't in beta; You unfortunately got hit with a bug that's affected less than 20 people (who have mentioned it on the forums), so it's pretty rare.

The instructions on how to copy your patch files over are out there if you do some digging. Honestly I've avoided posting instructions on the process because reinstalling is easy, painless (let it patch overnight), and is a lot harder to screw up. I may change my mind if the bug starts affecting more people.

Jazzal

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataslave View Post
The pc users aren't in beta; You unfortunately got hit with a bug that's affected less than 20 people (who have mentioned it on the forums), so it's pretty rare.

The instructions on how to copy your patch files over are out there if you do some digging. Honestly I've avoided posting instructions on the process because reinstalling is easy, painless (let it patch overnight), and is a lot harder to screw up. I may change my mind if the bug starts affecting more people.
I remember when I first installed league for mac it wasn't this easy at all. Its sluggish and took me over 3-4+ hours to install and was stuck on 99% for most of that time. Also if you are on a bandwidth limit as I am it's not a viable option.

As for reinstalling I copied my league application to an USB stick (tried to get it to work 3 - 4 times) but the method that worked was:
- Copy the application to another location (eg USB stick or else where on hard drive)
- Remove the application after copying it elsewhere (trash it)
- Download the installer and install it by dropping it into the application folder (the window should have Ryze on it)
- When you right click the application, there an option to "Show Package Contents", Do this on both the copy and the new installed application.
- Go to Contents > LOL > RADS and copy the project and solutions folder from the copied files from earlier to the new application
- Launch the new application, if its missing any files it will install them (I think I was missing a few, but was only like 11MB compared to the ~2-3GB of bandwidth it requires to reinstall)

I understand the client is in beta, which is why I post my problems here with it in hope of support and to check if other are having similar issues. The issue I have had with my cilent crashing after loading only happens once since the previous patch before this. So I am glad the issues are getting resolved

Thrica

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzal View Post
I remember when I first installed league for mac it wasn't this easy at all. Its sluggish and took me over 3-4+ hours to install and was stuck on 99% for most of that time. Also if you are on a bandwidth limit as I am it's not a viable option.

As for reinstalling I copied my league application to an USB stick (tried to get it to work 3 - 4 times) but the method that worked was:
- Copy the application to another location (eg USB stick or else where on hard drive)
- Remove the application after copying it elsewhere (trash it)
- Download the installer and install it by dropping it into the application folder (the window should have Ryze on it)
- When you right click the application, there an option to "Show Package Contents", Do this on both the copy and the new installed application.
- Go to Contents > LOL > RADS and copy the project and solutions folder from the copied files from earlier to the new application
- Launch the new application, if its missing any files it will install them (I think I was missing a few, but was only like 11MB compared to the ~2-3GB of bandwidth it requires to reinstall)

I understand the client is in beta, which is why I post my problems here with it in hope of support and to check if other are having similar issues. The issue I have had with my cilent crashing after loading only happens once since the previous patch before this. So I am glad the issues are getting resolved
Thank you very much for this info. Though unfortunately for me its a bit late, I'm already 80% done with full reinstall QQ

I will repost this on another thread related to this tho!

XDkimX

03-29-2013

I'm having a bug where all my controls/settings are reset each time I log in, anyone else?

Jazzal

03-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrica View Post
Thank you very much for this info. Though unfortunately for me its a bit late, I'm already 80% done with full reinstall QQ

I will repost this on another thread related to this tho!
No problem, thought I would post it for people having issue.

Mamos4

03-29-2013

im having the firewall problem whenever ik play an online game, but 1v1s with a bot on summoners rift works fine