Known bugs and Issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yuzuyuzu

03-09-2013

I found an installation "issue", or "requirement" rather, that wasn't completely obvious that might address many users inability to open the initial installer/patcher right after download.

I recently upgraded to a new hard drive. I was able to load the new beta in my old drive (aside from playing on bootcamp) on 10.6.8.

This time it won't work on 10.8. After checking the download and copying LoL to the app folder multiple times, clicking on the LoL icon did nothing whatsoever, so I did some digging.

And I found the problem: drive is formatted with a case-sensitive file system (my previous wasn't). How I found out: Look at Package Contents, Contents/LOL/Play League Of Legends

Finally the launcher icon shows up, and then....
"Patcher has detected that the local file system is case sensitive. League of Legends must run on a non-case-sensitive file system."

...which of course means issues for file pathing etc. :/

Similar problems also occur with the Steam client for Mac. I can't think of another workaround aside from creating another partition/back-up disc that isn't case sensitive or reformatting the entire disk, meaning backing up and wiping and the whole process...

VajinaGuzzler

03-09-2013

i clicked the download button and i got the LoL icon i click it a folder comes up and i click the second icon the league of legends icon pops up then it says Unspecified error occurred. Please check the logs for more information. what does this mean

JSpar

03-10-2013

Thanks for all the hard work Boompje! I was wondering if you could help me out with a reoccurring problem. Minutes in a game, I would receive a FPS drop and then my PING starts to go crazy (1000+ from 100). This hasn't happened to me before, only after the Quinn patch. Any hot fixes? Please and thank you!

Jessegr

03-11-2013

My girlfriend is having this problem too making ranked very difficult for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpar View Post
Thanks for all the hard work Boompje! I was wondering if you could help me out with a reoccurring problem. Minutes in a game, I would receive a FPS drop and then my PING starts to go crazy (1000+ from 100). This hasn't happened to me before, only after the Quinn patch. Any hot fixes? Please and thank you!

Fubarr

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSpar View Post
Having the same problem as well. Started yesterday. Makes it almost impossible to play.

RobertSlobertIII

Recruiter

03-11-2013

i am also experiencing the same issue with ping. its impossible to play when this occurs

QueenLeoXI

03-12-2013

Ditto. 3s is barely bearable. 5s is just ridiculous. It also seems worse on AI

PP Cranberyy

03-12-2013

Having issues spectating games. An information window appears and says I lost connection with the server.

Dendrinos2

03-12-2013

Same ping issues here. When I run the windows client on the same pc it runs perfectly (I have windows and Mac on same computer). Obviously a Mac client issue.

Swerbian

03-12-2013

I haven't seen any bugs on my mac yet which is great