Beast Horn and Foxx's Horn (The minion tanker)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Admiral Foxx Paw

01-23-2013

Item name: Beast Horn
Stats: +200 Health
+15 Armour
Built from: Ruby Crystal (475g)
Cloth Armour (300g)
UNIQUE Active: Forces all minions in a 500 unit radius to attack you. (Cooldown of 120 seconds)
Upgrades into: Foxx's Horn
Upgrade cost: 325g
Total cost: 1100g

Item name: Foxx's Horn
Stats: +750 Health
+50 Armour
Built From: Beast Horn (1100g)
Giant's Belt (1000g)
Chain Vest (720g)
UNIQUE Active: Force all minions and champion pets in a 500 unit radius to attack you for 3 seconds. (Cooldown of 150 seconds)
UNIQUE Passive: All minions and champion pets in a 500 unit radius deal 10% less damage.
Upgrade Cost: 680g
Total Cost: 3500g

My idea for this item set came from losing far too many games due to minion overload and no way to counter it due to lack of minion tanking availability. These games were mainly won with no champions around and it simply being a total minion win. This item then allows that to be countered forcing the minions to attack you instead.
Some other uses for this item would be to save that turret from a minion rush, or to draw aggro from surrounding minions during an early game gank to keep the minions off of your ganker and fellow laner.
The other unique part of this item is the ability to draw the aggro from champion pets. The minions would attack until you leave their range or die etc. but the champion pets would only be taunted for 3 seconds. My reasoning for this comes in as a way to detect Shaco clones, pull aggro of a Tibbers, Yorick ghost, Morde ult ghost etc.
I feel this item could greatly change the game in the realm of champions that have effects like that in addition it's armour and health is a welcome addition to any tank's arsenal and can be justified by such.
I realize that being able to reduce other champion pet damage and draw champion pets is a really potent effect and is why it has the somewhat large cost for that effect but is still cheap enough to gain access to the minion tanking effect without needing to invest too much money.

And of course I named the item after myself cause who wouldn't =P

~~~~~~~~~~EDIT LOG~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Changed range from 100 yards to 500 units (roughly under that of Caitlynn's attack range)

67chrome

01-23-2013

It's an interesting idea, though the health and armor on it make it feel a little bland. Not that LoL really has many defensive stats to work with.

100 yards seems pretty far-reaching though. The map isn't really that big all things considered. You should probably place the radius in the same units the game actually uses for ability and attack range. (Caitlyn's auto-attack is 650, most skill shots can reach around 1000, melee attack range is ~125, if I'm correct in translating movement speeds to distance the map is around 65,536 units across). Because depending on what a 200 yard diameter area is, that could potentially hit the entire jungle section between lanes. I mean, the sections of the jungle are pretty much 200 Teemos across.

Admiral Foxx Paw

01-23-2013

very good point... I'll adjust that to 500 units then thank you for the input do you feel that maybe the Foxx's horn should be built with a null-magic and a cloth armour instead of the chain vest?

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Generally minions seem irrelevant enough that I doubt anyone would build this.

AD Malz might cry while his minions rip the user to shreds instead of the guy he wanted.

Admiral Foxx Paw

01-24-2013

thats the general idea about the upgraded form, to add a new element to counter them but in a different fashion

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

I don't think anyone with minions really needs a specific counter though, especially considering how bad their AI is when not directly controlled.