Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends on Mac – In PBE Testing Now!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Werewolf Link

Recruiter

01-23-2013

I must be dreaming...

<3 Guys

Tiggum

01-23-2013

Quote:
RiotYakaru:
This has been a long time coming (and I was one of the later additions to the team). As mentioned, unlike the community projects and 'old' client this has been a ground up rewrite of the game -- it runs as a native mac application with opengl and so forth, not a 'translated' application. This means better performance and that we are able to release day and date with every patch. I'm super proud to have been a part of this.

The fact that it uses opengl and is a rework mean that a linux client may soon come? *Hint Hint* *Nudge Nudge*

Snoozie5

01-23-2013

Time to get my mac out

Nax Karaal

01-23-2013

This thread deserve more upvote.

Betta

01-23-2013

Quote:
RiotYakaru:
This has been a long time coming (and I was one of the later additions to the team). As mentioned, unlike the community projects and 'old' client this has been a ground up rewrite of the game -- it runs as a native mac application with opengl and so forth, not a 'translated' application. This means better performance and that we are able to release day and date with every patch. I'm super proud to have been a part of this.

Thanks for sharing that this is done with openGL. Out of curiosity, will the Windows version also run in OpenGL or will it continue to run in DirectX? If the Windows version will run in OpenGL, when will that update be pushed out to live, or is it already there?

eMarrosu

01-23-2013

Great work guys, just one question, what should I do if I get this message?

"LoLPBEInstaller.pkg" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

Udyr

Recruiter

01-23-2013

Quote:
eMarrosu:
Great work guys, just one question, what should I do if I get this message?

"LoLPBEInstaller.pkg" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

We found out about some users having an issue with the certificate. We are fixing it and should have a new installer up within a day.

Sonic Offline

01-23-2013

And now I can play from school. I am an excite. :3

eMarrosu

01-23-2013

Quote:
Udyr:
We found out about some users having an issue with the certificate. We are fixing it and should have a new installer up within a day.

Thats why we love you guys <3

Yakaru

Senior Software Engineer

01-23-2013

Quote:
Betta:
Thanks for sharing that this is done with openGL. Out of curiosity, will the Windows version also run in OpenGL or will it continue to run in DirectX? If the Windows version will run in OpenGL, when will that update be pushed out to live, or is it already there?

For debugging a lot of issues we did have OpenGL on Windows (to see if it was OGL or Mac that was causing any particular issue); I don't know if we're planning to officially support OGL on Windows though, let me check with the team.