Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends on Mac – In PBE Testing Now!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

caeminisintense

02-05-2013

i have a few questions
is the mac client going to run through any programs like wineskin?
what system requirements will be needed to run the mac version of league of legends
and will you by any chance be releasing an australian server with the mac version release?

Xquenda

02-05-2013

so if it is true that the first three days of each month you can create the account PBE?, i need one for testing

nebster0121

02-05-2013

Finally!!! It's been difficult up until now. (,:

ArexChow

02-05-2013

That's really WONDERFUL!!!

Skylord Kainoa

02-05-2013

Can someone help when ever i try to load league it shuts down before the game it starts up someone please help!!!!!!!!

Crashpoint

02-06-2013

Finally got the client working. I disconnected my ethernet and turned on the wifi on my macbook and then the client instantly began updating. That is very strange (wireless works, but wired does not).

I have since ran in to another problem. Now it may be my hardware that's the problem, but I am having insane fps issues at all quality options in-game. For example, if vsync is turned off and all quality settings are set to low, I have a max of 15-30 fps. But, if everything is set to the max, I only get a max of 15-20 fps. Regardless of settings, I am stable at 20 fps.

To give the benefit of the doubt, I am running on a 2009 macbook pro. It has a Core 2 Duo, 4GB of DDR3, and a Nvidia HD Graphics card (not the GT or GTX series, just standard). To play leave over the past 2 years, I've dual-booted Windows 7 and was stable at 60-80 fps until the Rengar patch where is was cut in half to a stable 30-40 fps. Could my hardware be the culprit here? I assumed running it native on mac would forgive some of the old hardware issues

1Brocksamson

02-06-2013

Got everything downloaded and patched, the only problem is it is not recognizing my login. Is there some other step I need to go through?

KTfreak4Jesus

Recruiter

02-06-2013

Well.... I've been playing on the windows side of my mac for a while with the awful frame rate lag for about the first 5 mins of the game and the constant bug splats. But When I heard of this I was super excited because my mac runs more smoothly. But it only supports 10.6.8+. Not 10.5.8. Well i guess i'll just have to stick with what I have. Thanks anyway!!!

mayank

02-06-2013

To all those who get a rainbow cursor after starting the client, just give it some time (about 3-5 minutes). The launcher starts up eventually, don't force quit the app.

EDIT: and you need a PBE account to play. PBE signup is currently closed

Migzilla

02-06-2013

Hello! Am unable to login to the client...keeps giving me the error message "invalid username/password" even though I am sure that both are correct....