Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends on Mac – In PBE Testing Now!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cookiepedo

02-01-2013

SoonTM

Suikaz

02-01-2013

snow leopard or newer D:...

What exactly are the system requirements/recommendations besides that it must be 10.6.X or higher?

How much RAM do we need?

How much free space do we need?

Will the game run smoothly with 1GB of RAM, or will it lag incredibly?

I want to upgrade my mac but it cost money to do that and I want to know if my 1 GB of RAM will handle it.

Dooglebutter

02-01-2013

ilol still works

AmenRatheGod

02-01-2013

its not letting me play saying invalid password/username combo which is getting annoying.

Roadkill1752

02-01-2013

I'm also getting the invalid username/password problem, but I know it is correct because I can log into this site using it, just not the game

Valistari

02-01-2013

A huge thanks to the iLoL team for getting us by all this time!

sqr00t

02-01-2013

I have no idea where I should be posting such posts.... but idk if anyone else noticed but the LoL patcher seems to have some like.... colorful edges and background... what i meant is.... that the colorful edge is like part of the patcher....not how its like in windows... see attached?

once again... THANKS RIOT

Korgan Nailo

02-02-2013

Just a note about the installer, and since I'm still having the "invalid move to trash" problem, anyone can install it using Pacifist.

Pacifist (http://www.charlessoft.com) is a shareware application, but it will work without any payment, and will open the package and allow you to install it.

I hope this helps some folks who could be testing out there but couldn't install it yet.

I don't have a PBE account to test if any problems will come, but after the installation it starts the downloads and patches normally.

FreakinUnoriginl

02-02-2013

Quote:
Suikaz:
[...] What exactly are the system requirements/recommendations besides that it must be 10.6.X or higher?
[...] How much RAM do we need? How much free space do we need? Will the game run smoothly with 1GB of RAM, or will it lag incredibly? [...]

The Windows requirements suggest 2GB of memory for Vista or 7 users. While Snow Leopard is pretty lean, I think 1GB for gaming might be a bit constrained. My 2007 MacBook Pro had 2GB of memory and Diablo III was "almost" playable (although that was probably more due to my GPU, which I'll get to in a bit).

My installation of the PBE is taking up 3GB, but keep in mind it'll need some extra room for unpacking files for installation (which is then freed up afterwards). I'd aim for having at least 10GB free at all times, just because you don't want to end up in a situation where there's no room for temporarily files (not just for LoL, but for all applications).

The biggest thing, especially with older Macs, is going to be which graphics processor (GPU) that you have. Any DirectX 9 capable GPU should be able to "run" the game, but not necessarily very well. The Windows recommendation is a Geforce 8800 with 512MB of dedicated video memory (VRAM). Most MacBook Pros from before 2011 are going to have 256MB of VRAM. You also want to avoid Intel graphics, unless you have a Core i5 or i7 with HD 3000 or 4000 graphics. (Note: NOT the X3100 graphics!) As an example, my 2007 MacBook Pro had a Geforce 8600M with 256MB of VRAM, and Diablo III was only "almost" playable - at all the lowest detail settings.

You can determine which GPU you have by clicking the Apple menu and selecting "About this Mac", then "More Info" from the window that comes up. If there isn't a section for Graphics on the new Window that's open then you'll also need to click "System Report", and under the Hardware tab select "Graphics/Displays".

Dirgo

Recruiter

02-02-2013

=0 i think i could of made a PBE account........*facepalm* i really wanted to help out.=(