Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends on Mac – In PBE Testing Now!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MoxieGent

01-23-2013

As a mac guy who duel-booted specifically for this game, thank you. I am downloading right now and am super impressed that you guys put in so much work to make your amazing game available to so many more people. It's that kind of dedication to player experience and broad business-minded ambition that makes your company succeed and (hopefully) lead the way in the gaming industry for years to come.

sciyth

01-23-2013

Welcome back

xZephyros

01-23-2013

Why doesn't Riot hire Boompje, they've had a client for about 2 years now.

sciyth

01-23-2013

Quote:
DestroyedIlusion:
Why doesn't Riot hire Boompje, they've had a client for about 2 years now.

Our client is a port. The Riot client is native. Once all the bugs are worked out it should have better performance and break less. Also since they made it they can officially support as a company.

Jupiter354

Recruiter

01-23-2013

Words cannot express how excited and happy I am about this! Thank you so much riot and thank you Boompe and crew for letting me keep playing in the interim!

Wacamoe

01-23-2013

Quote:
Udyr:
Also, try updating to the latest version of your OS

10.6.8 - 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5 - 16 GB RAM

All system updates are current.

Yakaru

Senior Software Engineer

01-23-2013

This has been a long time coming (and I was one of the later additions to the team). As mentioned, unlike the community projects and 'old' client this has been a ground up rewrite of the game -- it runs as a native mac application with opengl and so forth, not a 'translated' application. This means better performance and that we are able to release day and date with every patch. I'm super proud to have been a part of this.

OneVendetta

01-23-2013

I might teach my brother how to play then LOL

Zarrah

01-23-2013

Looks like Boompje and the team is going to have a break

BonusStage

01-23-2013

""LoLPBEInstaller.pkg" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

Safari downloaded this file today at 6:03 PM from l3cdn.riotgames.com." (I'm assuming it's an L not an I)

Regardless, I downloaded this on my computer. One that has Bootcamp and plays LoL on my windows side just fine at 60FPS at all times.

I'm currently on the mac side of my computer upon downloading this and this is exactly what comes up, I've tried re-downloading it. My computer is 100% up to date and definitely able to play this game as it has in the past.

Help, I guess?