Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends on Mac – In PBE Testing Now!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimmerDaFkDown

01-24-2013

Quote:
BonusStage:
""LoLPBEInstaller.pkg" is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash.

Safari downloaded this file today at 6:03 PM from l3cdn.riotgames.com." (I'm assuming it's an L not an I)

Regardless, I downloaded this on my computer. One that has Bootcamp and plays LoL on my windows side just fine at 60FPS at all times.

I'm currently on the mac side of my computer upon downloading this and this is exactly what comes up, I've tried re-downloading it. My computer is 100% up to date and definitely able to play this game as it has in the past.

Help, I guess?

Just go to the apple in the top left. Click 'system preferences' -> Privacy and Security -> click ANYTIME at the bottom, and it should work. voila

Komeiji Koishi

01-24-2013

Will that also mean signups will be reopening for Mac users?

The sticky here (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2456761) hasn't been updated for quite a while.

wafflesinacan

01-24-2013

Been waiting ages for this thanks you guys!

leetpwnage

01-24-2013

Quote:
TheBeastMan1024:
I've got a problem. I know I am entering my correct username/password into the login, but each time it tells me that it is invalid. :[

same here, i dont know why

Dubious Lane

01-24-2013

Installed it without problem on my Macbook Air.

Seemed to work fine even though I had lower FPS than I expected (<20 at minimum settings).

One small issue: at the load screen the portraits showed fine but the black background was some random stuff from video memory.

One bigger issue, I quit the game and tried to restart it. Failed, first retry it asked if I wanted to close the one running, I said ok, but nothing happened. I looked in the process manager but failed to see any processes matching LoL and eventually gave up.

We Are As One

01-24-2013

nice they made the champions bundle only cost 10RP on PBE, so you can now play ranked games with your 16 champions, if you don't have 10RP just refund some RP from the store -- see your purchases...and if you have no RP or purchases yet wait for the base RP+IP to apply to your account.

TMaccius

01-24-2013

I'm getting this error:

Quote:
Patcher has detected that the local file system is case sensitive. League of Legends must run on a non-case-sensitive file system.

Is this fixable on your end? Surely you can pick some reasonable default (e.g., everything is lowercase) and forget about case sensitivity when checking asset files?

I popped in an SSD a while back and I chose "Mac OS Extended (Case-sensitive, Journaled)" when I formatted. Mac OS 10.7.5. It seemed reasonable at the time, but I guess it's not recommended?

Edit: It looks like Macs ship with a case-insensitive filesystem by default. This means "iBlitzcrank.jpg" and "iBLITZCRANK.JPG" will point to the same file, although the OS will keep track of the capitalization for display purposes. I didn't know this, and now the only ways to fix it on my end are: 1) back up to Time Machine, reformat, and restore; or 2) create a new partition just for LoL. That's why I'm hoping for option 3) fix it in the Mac client. But apparently Steam and Photoshop have the same issue...

Lt Stephan

01-24-2013

Is it me, Or Can anyone else Log into PBE with Riot's Client or Boompje's? D: I can't Log in for some reason.

foxdye42

01-24-2013

Can't log in. Connection error.

EDIT: apparently I don't have a PBE account. So, I guess my feedback is why does it take 2-4 minutes to launch?

Xented

01-24-2013

Quote:
OMGWTFROTFLBBQ:
Will that also mean signups will be reopening for Mac users?

The sticky here (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2456761) hasn't been updated for quite a while.

I agree. I am currently having a direct x shader error on the ilol client so cant use that.