Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends on Mac – In PBE Testing Now!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Johnathan Keel

01-24-2013

I've got it working, but one annoying thing is that instead of allowing the mouse to move normally and getting clicks, in-game LoL regulates mouse speed independent of system settings. Also, AFAICT, the movement is more or less linear- no matter how quickly you go, physical distance is tied to screen distance unlike in the OS itself.

50caliberhandgun

01-24-2013

EDIT: My error, nevermind.

Chocolatee Bear

01-24-2013

im just wondering why i have no points in the mac pbe?

Mortticia

01-24-2013

50caliberhandgun: The server for the client is the PBE Server, if you're trying to use your normal LoL account details it won't let you log in.

Pandermania

01-24-2013

Great news guys, thank you! Runs very smoothly, i can actually run it a full graphic setting higher than i can with the ilol version!

There is one minor problem I'm having with the client though: The mouse feels very strange. It could just be a problem with my gaming mouse, as i have not tried another mouse yet. But even after I mess with the sensitivity settings, I'm still fighting with the mouse and it just feels off.

I don't have this problem in ilol, nor do i have it in other games I play (sc2 and GW2).

Just wondering if anyone else had this problem or if its only me.

EDIT: Just saw the poster a bit above me, seems to explain it.

Nuclear Syno

01-24-2013

I think that the Character Quality is very bad...even at Very High it lacks in comparison to the iLoL client. Is this going to be fixed?

Mestus

01-24-2013

Uhm is anyone else having log-in issues? I can't log in at all...

We Are As One

01-24-2013

Okay so I played the tutorial and messed around with a bot game and spectated a game, sure there are little interface bugs, most have already been mentioned elsewhere on the forums. But first I think it would be really helpful if this project had some sort of public facing project management app, like Redmine, and so many others, and of course it need not tie in with source code. But just a way for folks to submit bugs, feature requests, etc and be able to see what others have submitted, I could go on but who knows maybe something like this is already being used? The forums kinda seem like an awful place to do this but for now,

There are 2 major things that need reworking in the Beta before I would really want to use it on live, the 2nd one I could deal with for awhile but please not forever

1.) As mentioned earlier it messes with your mouse settings, I am playing windowed as full screen is pretty broken, so I was able to tell the Razer app to reapply my mouse settings this made it playable but it was still influencing the mouse settings, and every game you launch you have to go reapply your mouse settings outside of LoL.

2.) Going to explain how I think the actual game window should behave, obviously you might not agree with all of what I say, but some of it does need to change. I have a multi-monitor setup, I assume many folks do, if I drag the client to the nth monitor I expect the game to launch on that same monitor, please use a .plist to save this setting. But if I have the client on say monitor 2 and then the game launches on monitor 2, but then the user drags the game to monitor 1, then subsequent launches should happen on monitor 1 and it should remember the monitor and the position. So use the same .plist for both, and if that gets corrupted a user should only have to hold option key while launching the app to wipe that plist or they can manually go in and delete it. By default don't launch into full screen, granted at present full screen is broken as it causes apps on your other monitors to start flashing and yeah stuff pretty much goes crazy....but even after that is fixed I would like it to launch windowed, with standard stoplights in the top left corner of window border and full screen arrows in the right corner. Red stop light will prompt you to end game, Yellow will let you minimize, and Green will expand the window to the current monitor, scaling the resolution, thus almost full screen. For full screen, click the arrows in the right corner, but please implement this like Parallels app does, in the sense that by default it will use OS X's full screen stuff ( http://support.apple.com/kb/PH4530 ), I personally am not a fan but sometimes use it, doesn't really matter if I like it, its standard on mac apps. But in parallels there is an option to not use OS X's way of full screen, thus you can full screen the app on whatever monitor its currently on, and still move your cursor to other monitors and interact with other apps, this would be ideal, with League I usually have iTunes and Skype on my left monitor and League on my right monitor, sometimes full screened in parallels. That way I can easily fix/add etc folks to the Skype call and or listen to music during game. But as my 1st monitor also has my OS X menu, I can see time, system temps, cpu load etc. Oh and make sure it works with Mission Control.

-------
I might post some less important stuffs in the future or if I find anything else major. But while its on my mind....this happens in both mac and win, there is a waviness to the game when it like renders, despite getting 60+ fps, just wondering if there is someway to fix that? Also saw folks mentioned colors being off, yeah they do seem to be off, but once I started to load into a match it seemed to apply the right color profile, and in game looked really nice. IDK how you are handling colors and such but remember each monitor might have its own color profile, I have seen apps that seem to have problems with this.

Wacamoe

01-24-2013

I seem to be still having the "black login screen issue" mentioned before. I have attached some logs as well as a screenshot.

http://pastebin.com/ciC27hzu (http://pastebin.com/ciC27hzu)
http://postimage.org/image/e4g6k2mkr/ (http://postimage.org/image/e4g6k2mkr/)

Most particularly I see: ( DEBUG)[10:22:51.000] bool AgreementManager::ShowAgreements(): Versions updated, displaying agreements.

But no agreements popup.

(MAC OSX 10.6.8 - 16 GB RAM )

We Are As One

01-24-2013

Ah figured I'd include a few things that showed up in console while using the Beta. Note for those that use console a lot you will notice that basically every app on your system is constantly sending warnings notices etc to the console so seeing a few hundred warnings from an app can often be ignored by the user /:

1/24/13 6:14:42.131 AM LolClient[998]: *** WARNING: Method setMnemonicLocation: in class AIR_PlayerContentMenuItem is obsolete and will be removed in release GM ***

not gonna paste all of these but a huge list of of errors all containing *just leaking - break on objc*

1/24/13 6:18:25.206 AM LoLLauncher[590]: objc[590]: Object 0x148b680 of class __NSCFDictionary autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking - break on objc_autoreleaseNoPool() to debug
1/24/13 6:18:25.206 AM LoLLauncher[590]: objc[590]: Object 0x142b060 of class __NSDictionaryM autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking - break on objc_autoreleaseNoPool() to debug
1/24/13 6:18:25.206 AM LoLLauncher[590]: objc[590]: Object 0x142b7c0 of class NSPathStore2 autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking - break on objc_autoreleaseNoPool() to debug

1/24/13 6:18:28.836 AM LeagueOfLegends[1017]: BugSplatFramework: initWithDatabase: defaultExceptionHandler is set

1/24/13 6:18:28.889 AM WindowServer[146]: Display 0x2b283050 captured by conn 0x169fb
1/24/13 6:19:56.366 AM WindowServer[146]: Display 0x2b283050 released by conn 0x169fb
1/24/13 6:19:56.367 AM WindowServer[146]: MPAccessSurfaceForDisplayDevice: Set up page flip mode on display 0x2b283050 device: 0x10e9f5320 isBackBuffered: 1 numComp: 3 numDisp: 3
1/24/13 6:20:08.278 AM WindowServer[146]: CGXSetTrackingAreaEnabled : Invalid tracking area 0x7fbd91ab7950
1/24/13 6:20:08.278 AM WindowServer[146]: CGXSetTrackingAreaEnabled : Invalid tracking area 0x7fbd93e197c0
1/24/13 6:20:08.278 AM WindowServer[146]: CGXSetTrackingAreaEnabled : Invalid tracking area 0x7fbd939b17c0

^^ Those last 3 have anything to do with the mouse problems?

I have also attached an R3d log, which has some errors + warnings in it, but then so do the windows ones. Would be nice to not see it logging to the /Applications folder but rather in a users' ~/Library .. something like ~/Library/Application Support/Riot Games/ and preferences in ~/Library/Preferences etc...I'm not an OS X dev so I don't know the exact conventions but I am pretty used to stuff being per user and apps using the user library to store stuff.