League of Legends on Mac In PBE Testing Now!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Danage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

And yet... still no Oceanic Servers...

BRAVEYpl0x

01-23-2013

woohoo!! this has been a long time coming...

Viz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate Software Engineer

01-23-2013
18 of 100 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightmareDaniel View Post
Is this version going to allow CMD+TAB?
Cmd+Tab should work, but when in full screen, it will only switch to the most recent other application. Give it a whirl and let us know if you have any problems.

Brentmeister

01-23-2013
19 of 100 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorWhiskers View Post
I'm so excited for this! Thank you so much! Now if only PBE signups would finally open. :c

Will there also be retina display support in this client?
You can play the game at Retina resolutions.

Sporq

01-23-2013

When porting software between platforms, what is the basic process? Try to compile the PC code with Mac tools, and start debugging? Or is there something more methodical?

Viz

01-23-2013
20 of 100 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorWhiskers View Post
I'm so excited for this! Thank you so much! Now if only PBE signups would finally open. :c

Will there also be retina display support in this client?
On a Retina Mac, the game will run at Retina resolutions. However, there has not yet been any work specific to other Retina features (e.g. Retina resolution icons).

Viz

01-23-2013
21 of 100 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporq View Post
When porting software between platforms, what is the basic process? Try to compile the PC code with Mac tools, and start debugging? Or is there something more methodical?
That's definitely part of the process. It also includes looking for anything that does I/O (file access, networking) and graphics and rewrite those for the other platform.

Xavdidtheshadow

01-23-2013

How awesome! Thanks for this!

Off the bat, I noticed it took an exceptionally long time to go from the floating logo to the patcher, but it seems to be running fine now.

Also, will there be a way to easily transfer config files between computers/partitions with dropbox? It works for some programs (like sublime text, who's pref file is just a json), but i'm not sure how LoL's is set up.

Brentmeister

01-23-2013
22 of 100 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporq View Post
It's a decent way to start. We went through several strategies when tackling the port. There are several places throughout the code which use Windows API calls; these obviously had to be reworked and coded to the Mac as well. Sometimes this is as simple as making the equivalent Mac API call but sometimes there isn't one.

Additionally compilers can generate different sets of instructions based on the same line(s) of C++ code. Finding and resolving these bugs can be very very difficult in many cases.

Viz

01-23-2013
23 of 100 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavdidtheshadow View Post
How awesome! Thanks for this!

Off the bat, I noticed it took an exceptionally long time to go from the floating logo to the patcher, but it seems to be running fine now.

Also, will there be a way to easily transfer config files between computers/partitions with dropbox? It works for some programs (like sublime text, who's pref file is just a json), but i'm not sure how LoL's is set up.
You can copy a lot of your configuration settings from one computer to other by copying the files in your Config folder from one computer to the other.