League of Legends on Mac In PBE Testing Now!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

punish101

01-28-2013

out of $$$$ riot now you need the Mac players to pay u

FaceRoll13

01-28-2013

Wow, the whole family will be able to play at once now.
We have more macs than pc's at the moment.

First step is to get onto the client; last time I tried, it was supposed to be open, but was not.

QuantumGlitch

01-28-2013

can't log in

Thursti

01-28-2013

I love my Mac, only thing I wish was better is the Mac version of Excel, financial models are much harder to make with them.

Viz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate Software Engineer

01-28-2013
82 of 100 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geminid View Post
Just stumble upon this gold mine. I am a fairly new player. I started playing the game on my mac via iLOL from boompje. I hope other gaming company will follow this lead.

On another note, what are the apple system requirements for this game i.e. os etc. Because for boompje fan client it was os snow leopard and up etc. I been browsing the thread but haven't came across this question yet.

P.S. Thank you very much. First post ever.
It requires OSX10.6.8 or higher.

Chaldron

01-28-2013

Just installed Mac on my hackintosh (A pc hacked to run official-bought-from-apple-OSX)

Will this software take advantage of the custom high-end graphics card that I had? Or does it only support official Mac graphics cards?

Also, does it work with 10.8.2? I know there was an error with 10.8.1.

Zanarkan28

01-28-2013

Why has riot been wasting time developing a Mac Client?!?! I have been playing League on my Macbook pro for close to a year now and have yet to have problem... There is a program called parallels that allows you to run windows based programs and clients on Mac OS its in most electronic stores for like $40 and you can find it as a free torrent file anywhere on the web. Just saying, you would think riot would work on fixing the problems in it's windows client that have been giving player's issues since the game was released instead using their time to produce a completely unnecessary Mac based client.....

R2D2 Bot

01-28-2013

Will we be able to mod and use user-created skins like in Windows?

Chaldron

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3Archer93 View Post
Why has riot been wasting time developing a Mac Client?!?! I have been playing League on my Macbook pro for close to a year now and have yet to have problem... There is a program called parallels that allows you to run windows based programs and clients on Mac OS its in most electronic stores for like $40 and you can find it as a free torrent file anywhere on the web. Just saying, you would think riot would work on fixing the problems in it's windows client that have been giving player's issues since the game was released instead using their time to produce a completely unnecessary Mac based client.....

NATIVE client

Utilize all of your Mac's RAM, power, etc without running it inside another OS which takes it's own additional resources.

FaceRoll13

01-28-2013

Is the PBE going to open up again, so that I can test this out on my IMac and Macbooks?