League of Legends on Mac – In PBE Testing Now!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RoninHound

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
Greetings Summoners,

I’m pleased to report that the long-awaited (fabled? mythical?) League of Legends Mac client is almost ready, and it’s heading into open beta soon™.

And by soon™, I mean that it’s available right now on the Public Beta Environment. Open beta, which will allow anyone to access the live servers on Macs, will follow after we’re confident in the results from the PBE test.

To make this happen, we’ve been hard at work: Riot engineers re-wrote a lot of the underlying game engine so that both PC and Mac platforms share the same code base and assets. This means it's a native Mac client, and Mac players will receive all future features, bug fixes, and new content at the same time as PC users.

While we aren't quite ready for a full open beta launch, we wanted to share the Mac client with PBE players to help us find bugs and give feedback.

Download the Mac PBE client here, patch up, and log in to help us make the Mac League of Legends experience as awesome as possible!

Thanks to the Mac community for your extraordinary patience – and a very special thanks to a particularly astounding group of folks who helped many of you play League via an unofficial client over the past months.

Best,

Steve "Udyr" Mieczkowski

P.S. Huge thanks to the Cross Platform team for their hard work!

Viz
Rioting
ShadowofGank
RiotBrentmeister
EspritDanseur
RiotYakaru
Oh, and super cool. I've been using iLOL the entire time i played actually. From level 1 up to 30. I would be so happy to play through an official client!

RoninHound

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
Greetings Summoners,

I’m pleased to report that the long-awaited (fabled? mythical?) League of Legends Mac client is almost ready, and it’s heading into open beta soon™.

And by soon™, I mean that it’s available right now on the Public Beta Environment. Open beta, which will allow anyone to access the live servers on Macs, will follow after we’re confident in the results from the PBE test.

To make this happen, we’ve been hard at work: Riot engineers re-wrote a lot of the underlying game engine so that both PC and Mac platforms share the same code base and assets. This means it's a native Mac client, and Mac players will receive all future features, bug fixes, and new content at the same time as PC users.

While we aren't quite ready for a full open beta launch, we wanted to share the Mac client with PBE players to help us find bugs and give feedback.

Download the Mac PBE client here, patch up, and log in to help us make the Mac League of Legends experience as awesome as possible!

Thanks to the Mac community for your extraordinary patience – and a very special thanks to a particularly astounding group of folks who helped many of you play League via an unofficial client over the past months.

Best,

Steve "Udyr" Mieczkowski

P.S. Huge thanks to the Cross Platform team for their hard work!

Viz
Rioting
ShadowofGank
RiotBrentmeister
EspritDanseur
RiotYakaru
OMG im downloading it right now! thhhhank youuuu!

hmnicholson

01-26-2013

So considering how (relatively) close mac (unix) and Linux are will it be possible in the future to get a native linux client?

I would enjoy not having to boot windows on my laptop.

Frostmourne316

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

While iLoL rocks, it's about time there was an official Mac Client. 50,000+ users on the Mac platform says so.

That being said, a special thanks should go to Team iLoL for helping to make this possible. I know from the forums that they have been talking with Riot Admins about different issues, and have even helped Riot solve a problem or two in the last few months.

Thank you:
Boompje
Velkorious
Thnift
Sciyth
iamriddik
Nyshade
Venia
Keffek
Ediwir
Drakulix

and anyone else on the iLoL Staff team that I missed. So far, iLoL works and Riot's version isn't working so hotly from what I see in the forums, so perhaps they will have to stick around? I'm loving the customizability- in particular the ability to customize my item sets with my champions on each map. The new shop setup makes it PERFECT for customization! I can't wait for iLoL Capture- finally a better version of LoL Replay for Mac!

Frostmourne316

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmnicholson View Post
So considering how (relatively) close mac (unix) and Linux are will it be possible in the future to get a native linux client?

I would enjoy not having to boot windows on my laptop.
The iLoL Team are currently working on a version called xLoL. They said it will take a long time to do as it involves a COMPLETE rewrite of the code to ensure that it works properly. But, it is being worked on. Stay tuned for more details....

lorelęi

01-26-2013

Thank you guys so so so so much!!!!!!! Keep it up with the hard work!!!!!!!!! Thanks again!

Geminid

01-26-2013

Just stumble upon this gold mine. I am a fairly new player. I started playing the game on my mac via iLOL from boompje. I hope other gaming company will follow this lead.

On another note, what are the apple system requirements for this game i.e. os etc. Because for boompje fan client it was os snow leopard and up etc. I been browsing the thread but haven't came across this question yet.

P.S. Thank you very much. First post ever.

NotMeg

01-26-2013

Thanks for doing something about macs. Hopefully you guys can most of the main bugs and glitches.

xGayWeedDaddy69x

01-26-2013

Linux when? It has potential to grow a larger playerbase than OSX in the future with the current direction Valve is going.

Exitwounds

01-26-2013

DO Mac players have a dress code? Where they are required to play in jeans and a turtle neck?