League of Legends on Mac – In PBE Testing Now!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zoa360

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfatkidsLunch View Post
I downloaded the mac open beta but when i try to log in it says invalid username/ password but it is indeed most valid i play on that account on my brothers pc , any one else have this issue?
Same here! i even made a another account and re opened the LolClient on my Macbook Pro but says I have the "wrong username/password combination"

Zoa360

01-26-2013

i have had made a LOL account on pc awhile ago and tried to logging in once i heard the good news about the Mac Client. However it didn't read my username. So i reset the password, and re opened the LolClient, but still nothing. I even made a another account and re opened the LolClient on my Macbook Pro but still says I have the "wrong username/password combination"

I see about several people have this issue. If anyone has tried reinstalling the whole thing and it still doesn't work, Please let me know!! because that is the last thing option i have before i give up on the Mac LolClient.

Zoa360

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheartz18 View Post
I have a question about this. When I try to login via iLoL, I can log in fine.

However, when I try to login via this new method, it keeps telling me that I've entered the wrong username/password. What's the issue?
same here!!! "wrong username/password combination" i even reset password, and made another account and still doesn't recognizes it.

Kaxoga

01-26-2013

Guys u need a PBE account, mac beta version is for a beta server.

Vilyra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

will download tonight, i run windows mostly for league lol. and some of my game design software. so this will be fun.

pokelda2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Nomine View Post
Its not a better OS. It is maybe on par with Windows 7. Maybe. There isn't much special about it other than the $1000 Apple logo. Hackers have started making viruses for Macs more than Windows operating systems because of the significant increase in Apple users. OSX is a much easier OS to crack than Windows or Linux, as shown at HackerCon the last few years in Vegas. On top of that, the only way to get the OS is to buy a mac computer, which already eliminates any chance you have of customization. If you try to modify your Macbook or iMac, then congratulations! You just bought yourself a lawsuit from one of the biggest lawsuit-happy companies in the world. Just ask Samsung how they feel about Apple.
I like to think that the reason isnt because more people are using macs and more becuse of that stupid im a mac and im a pc commercial where they said that macs dont get viruses. If your OS doesnt get viruses dont taunt the virus making community by telling them. your just throwing out the challenge for them.

SeoulisticVibe

01-26-2013

Finally! xD I hate playing league on windows.. Q__Q

Reever88

01-26-2013

Wonderful! I didn't see this happening. As soon as you're sure its stable, I'll be happy to rid my Mac of the STI that is the Windows partition! :P

RoninHound

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
Greetings Summoners,

I’m pleased to report that the long-awaited (fabled? mythical?) League of Legends Mac client is almost ready, and it’s heading into open beta soon™.

And by soon™, I mean that it’s available right now on the Public Beta Environment. Open beta, which will allow anyone to access the live servers on Macs, will follow after we’re confident in the results from the PBE test.

To make this happen, we’ve been hard at work: Riot engineers re-wrote a lot of the underlying game engine so that both PC and Mac platforms share the same code base and assets. This means it's a native Mac client, and Mac players will receive all future features, bug fixes, and new content at the same time as PC users.

While we aren't quite ready for a full open beta launch, we wanted to share the Mac client with PBE players to help us find bugs and give feedback.

Download the Mac PBE client here, patch up, and log in to help us make the Mac League of Legends experience as awesome as possible!

Thanks to the Mac community for your extraordinary patience – and a very special thanks to a particularly astounding group of folks who helped many of you play League via an unofficial client over the past months.

Best,

Steve "Udyr" Mieczkowski

P.S. Huge thanks to the Cross Platform team for their hard work!

Viz
Rioting
ShadowofGank
RiotBrentmeister
EspritDanseur
RiotYakaru
I use my macbook, and play using iLoL. How do i get into the PBE group?

Crizthakidd

01-26-2013

i was all anti macbook until i bought one. if you dont appreciate rolex, ferrari, stuff like that then its cool man stick to the hondas and toyotas they get u to point a and b fine. when macs touchpad i have never been able to work this fast. adding desktops is so easy, the workflow is faster and unless your a dev who needs linux then its super head ache free. DJ programs are literally plug and play, no drivers no bullsh registry its awsome. oh battery life last 6 hours browsing 5 hours with viedeo. not a single pc laptop can do it unless its guess what the samsung seris 9 which cost as much as a macbook lmao.

i searched FOREVER for a laptop less than 5 pounds last 6 hours on charge, has a gtx 650 + and looked semi deacent asthetically. not a single awnswer besides the zenbook prime from asus which was 1.4k $ and had a 640 LE which isnt that much better then the integraded HD4000 they all have .so a macbook 15inch was what i HAD to go with. i wanted to spend less and get a PC but i probably wouldnt see what everyone else sees when they buy their macs. and LOL plays on it 70fps during team fights and 120fps most of the time on fullscreen..... so things are changing