League of Legends on Mac In PBE Testing Now!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tejesh

01-25-2013

My best friend's been playing on the iLoL client - can he continue to do so, or does he have to switch over to the official Riot client? SHOULD he switch, anyway?

HlCKOK45

01-25-2013

So did ANYONE actually get to create a mac PBE acct?

Thursti

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougadoodle View Post
So did ANYONE actually get to create a mac PBE acct?
Apparently the signups are "closed" only in name so you can go ahead and create one.

tinia13

01-25-2013

omfg it took you guys long enough no exaggerating i've been waiting 2 years for this ...

Tsunami Chaser

01-25-2013

PC better for gaming than Mac IMO. I gonna stuck with my PC. Mac is for any other thing exept gaming for me )

HlCKOK45

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursti View Post
Apparently the signups are "closed" only in name so you can go ahead and create one.
Huh? It won't let you create an account...it just redirects you to the closed thread when you hit signup.

Nerdsinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2013

Are we ever going to see a proper Linux port?

I can't access the LoL store using Wine :c

Niiro13

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejesh View Post
My best friend's been playing on the iLoL client - can he continue to do so, or does he have to switch over to the official Riot client? SHOULD he switch, anyway?
According to the site, iLoL will still be around just like there were some third party clients for the Windows version (not sure on their current status). As for whether he SHOULD...the official version would give the least amount of bugs and the best performance if ported correctly. iLoL has had its hiccups in the past with new OS X updates and releases. At the same time, iLoL is said to be adding new features and modifications like the automatic recording of LoL matches. All in all, if your friend is currently happy with iLoL, he doesn't have to switch if he doesn't want to.

ZCarr

01-25-2013

Many thanks Riot; I'm sure there are tons of thankful Mac players out there. iLoL is nice, but it's always nicer to have official support that's reliable.

Thursti

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougadoodle View Post
Huh? It won't let you create an account...it just redirects you to the closed thread when you hit signup.
I don't know that's what Viz posted, haven't been able to figure it out though.

"Viz
??
Associate Software Engineer

75 of 81 Riot Posts 1 Day Ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkdafunk
There are plenty of mac gamers. How do we go about getting a PBE account now that the formal sign up is down? You guys sway they're "secretly" still open but that doesn't help any of us actually trying to help test. I played the original mac client back in the day and had to partition my hard drive to keep playing after it was taken down. Am I stuck still having half my harddrive taken away until you all open the client up to everyone?
Follow the link in the thread to signup. Disregard the CLOSED status."