League of Legends on Mac In PBE Testing Now!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fish Fillet

01-23-2013

Oh wow this is cool, let's just hope you don't drop support for it like last time.

NakedGranny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
Mac client release of the most played game in history
Single handedly opening the flood gates for Apple to conquer the desktop market, eh, Riot?

How about a Linux client?

No.

Really.

Z3ratu1

01-23-2013

Native Linux client next plox. Wine refuses to load LoL for me.

The only Mac I have is really old, what's the earliest Mac version the client will support?

EDIT: NVM, answered already.

Awesome you have a mac client, even though I can't use it! My old G3 tower and pre-intel Powerbook won't cut it QQ.

Oh well. Still great effort by Riot!

OlyGam Sprocket

01-23-2013

Yay! Thanks Riot! Best New Year's gift ever!

Hype Algerian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

That's hella cool that you finally do something about it
Riot still needs to acknowledge the fact that Boompje and the iLoL community did so much work to keep them playing on Mac that... well, they need love <3

rizLLL

01-23-2013

does this mean i can hook up my mouse and keyboard to my ipad and play?!

Fear Popo

01-23-2013

Yea. Or I could keep playing the Boompje client, because he actually comes through for us. You guys lost my trust when you torched the Beta last time.
http://www.boompje.net/

Shekkles

01-23-2013

Intersting. I thought the Mac demograph were people didn't game.

Onboard intel chipsets are't the best for gaming.

ninbushido

01-23-2013

While everyone is excited about this official client, I'd like to give a HUGE SHOUTOUT TO BOOMPJE AND HIS TEAM. When Riot shut down the first Mac client project, Boompje took it upon his own shoulders to personally script his own launcher (which, IMO, is actually better than Riot's, in iLoL 2.0, check it out!), and do everything for us. Appreciation to Boompje and his team!

Also, @Riot, the new launcher for the native LoL client for Mac seems awfully small. It only seems to take up about 1/4 of my screen. This may be due to me using a 15 inch Retina display MacBook pro, but hopefully there will be an option for resolutions.

Pie Kills

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninbushido View Post
Also, @Riot, the new launcher for the native LoL client for Mac seems awfully small. It only seems to take up about 1/4 of my screen. This may be due to me using a 15 inch Retina display MacBook pro, but hopefully there will be an option for resolutions.
Maybe cause we're too attracted to the awesome iLol Client screen.