League of Legends on Mac In PBE Testing Now!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Handy0522

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy0522 View Post
I'm having some trouble...I'm running OS 10.8.2 on the 2013 iMac, and after I download the pkg file, it says it is damaged and won't open. I attached the error message...any thoughts anyone?
Never mind, got it! If there are any Mountain Lion users out there, they introduced a level of security in System Preferences - Security and Privacy. Unlock the lock icon, then select Allow Applications downloaded from Anywhere.

This is my contribution to the Internet today. Have a good one!

Call Me Tizoxic

01-23-2013

great now i have to play with stupid hipsters all day

Cannibal Dolphin

01-23-2013

I was wondering if the client would have retina support (Retina MacBook Pros of the 13" and 15" Variety). Currently it looks a little pixely. This, of course, is just a cosmetic touch and I will not cry if it never happens. Great job and thank you for bringing League back to the Mac. Will test extensively

sciyth

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannibal Dolphin View Post
I was wondering if the client would have retina support (Retina MacBook Pros of the 13" and 15" Variety). Currently it looks a little pixely. This, of course, is just a cosmetic touch and I will not cry if it never happens. Great job and thank you for bringing League back to the Mac. Will test extensively
i think a red mentioned earlier that they have retina support

Burn the Witches

01-23-2013

For all of you dumb-dumbs out there that are bashing Macs, you simply don't get what it does for the game.

More players, more revenue, bigger tournaments, a longer-lasting game. Its a good thing, really.

Brentmeister

Associate Software Engineer

01-23-2013
45 of 100 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handy0522 View Post
I'm having some trouble...I'm running OS 10.8.2 on the 2013 iMac, and after I download the pkg file, it says it is damaged and won't open. I attached the error message...any thoughts anyone?
You can workaround this error by temporarily disabling gatekeeper while running the installer. We've uploaded a new installer that fixes this issue to our download server but it's taking a while to start serving the updated installer. I will update when the download server begins serving the proper file.

Viz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate Software Engineer

01-23-2013
46 of 100 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat7 View Post
Last time I tried installing league on the mac with the beta, it didn't work because u need ios 10.6 and I have ios 10.5, will it work with 10.5 now?
No. 10.6.8 or higher (10.8.1 excluded) are required. Sorry.

Ethaneal

01-23-2013

I apologize if this has been asked already. I have a MBP and I'd love to test this in the PBE. How can I sign up with PBE signups being closed?

w00k3y

01-23-2013

I'm having a problem. while downloading I make it to step 2/2 but then the dowload time increases drasically up to 49 hours. its currently at 14 hours.

KnightmareDaniel

01-23-2013

Where can we report bugs?. suggestion: The icon looks so pixelated, you should change it