Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


League of Legends on Mac – In PBE Testing Now!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sporq

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Quote:
Viz:
Ask your questions in another thread, and we'll answer what we can.


I wish I had time to make one asking all my technical questions, but I'm at work.

Maybe later tonight I'll make a new thread for you. Thanks for the answers you've already given though!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlmightyPyro

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Can you guys make one for ubuntu, if you do that I'll never touch a windows again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samurai Jack 3

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Quote:
Viz:
Just think. You'll have the opportunity to help train them and make them better. And make new friends in the process.


The training process for mac users requires plenty of patience. Proceed with caution and enjoy


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viz

Associate Software Engineer

01-23-2013

Quote:
Sporq:
I wish I had time to make one asking all my technical questions, but I'm at work.

Maybe later tonight I'll make a new thread for you. Thanks for the answers you've already given though!

I'll be up on the forums until late, so if you post it, I'll likely see it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sophitia

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Quote:
Viz:
That depends? Do you live in bootcamp? Or do you just reboot to play games? If you spend a lot of time on your Mac install, I'd suggest trying the Mac client out. It'll mean fewer reboots for you.


I used to play on the iLoL client (Boompjie has been amazing!) but I installed bootcamp after there was an error in one of the patches that prevented us from playing for like a month.

I guess my questions are, if we enjoy bootcamp, while it be as smooth on the new client? Will there be similar issues that cause the Mac Client to become unplayable again / no longer supported?

When I played on the iLoL client, I noticed a good amount of skipping and less traction when moving around. Bootcamp was much, much more smooth. But if this client should be as smooth as playing on bootcamp is, I'd LOVE to switch over. It's no fun having to relog all the time to play League :C !


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viz

Associate Software Engineer

01-23-2013

Quote:
Sophitia:
I used to play on the iLoL client (Boompjie has been amazing!) but I installed bootcamp after there was an error in one of the patches that prevented us from playing for like a month.

I guess my questions are, if we enjoy bootcamp, while it be as smooth on the new client? Will there be similar issues that cause the Mac Client to become unplayable again / no longer supported?

When I played on the iLoL client, I noticed a good amount of skipping and less traction when moving around. Bootcamp was much, much more smooth. But if this client should be as smooth as bootcamp is, I'd LOVE to switch over. It's no fun having to relog all the time to play League :C !

This Mac is now an officially supported Riot platform. It will not be yanked. We hope it's as smooth an experience under Mac as it is under Windows. If it's not, let us know, and we'll do our best to fix it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dyzmatik

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Sure, finish the Beta right after W8 came out.
gg, I already had to bootcamp onto my mac.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K1NGSL3Y

Junior Member

01-23-2013

it takes forever for the client to open for me


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viz

Associate Software Engineer

01-23-2013

Quote:
K1NGSL3Y:
it takes forever for the client to open for me

Consistently? Or just your first time loading?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sophitia

Senior Member

01-23-2013

Quote:
Viz:
This Mac is now an officially supported Riot platform. It will not be yanked. We hope it's as smooth an experience under Mac as it is under Windows. If it's not, let us know, and we'll do our best to fix it.


Awesome =) I'm excited to try it out. I'll be downloading the PBE client for my mac tonight, so I'll post a full review later.

Is their an ETA for when the client will be official for the main servers? Or is it just dependent on if any major bugs are found.