League of Legends on Mac In PBE Testing Now!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trolosaurus

01-23-2013

Oh cool

Baldorsfist

01-23-2013

Do we just have to download the newer operating system if we want to play it? The old Mac Beta client was fine on my computer as is, so I'm just looking for info.

Ilovecheezyl

01-23-2013

Wow! Wasn't really ever expecting this news from Riot themselves.
As a mac user myself, I've always relied on boompje.net for the updates, and after visiting their website, I'm really excited this didn't completely put them out of work... They do really great stuff.
However I can't help but notice a bit of a somber attitude in all their posts because of this client release. I might also be overanalyzing.
What kind of stuff, other then the amazing new work they are doing with replays and such, can we possibly be seeing out of Riot and Boompje working together? Their client was a claim to fame, and now its kind of gone.
And could we maybe get a little more backstory about the history between Riot and boompje? Both sides have kept their secrets, and Riot has really failed to recognize them before, at least as far as I know.
I really appreciate any feedback, and pointing out anything I may have missed or overlooked.
Riot I commend you on your dedication and hard work! -Cheezy

NocPat

01-23-2013

Will this work on iPad?

Riot pls

iamriddik

01-23-2013

so much red in a thread about mac. i must be hallucinating

sciyth

01-23-2013

as old Mac beta tester it's nice to see how far things have come. Time for the boompje team to move onto our next big project(s)

Donarvin

01-23-2013

Feel bad for boompie but atleast we get proper client now

Viz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Associate Software Engineer

01-23-2013
30 of 100 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldorsfist View Post
Do we just have to download the newer operating system if we want to play it? The old Mac Beta client was fine on my computer as is, so I'm just looking for info.
It requires the latest version of OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), OS X 10.7 (Lion), or OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion).

ChlorrOfTheMask

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightFire666 View Post
MACs... Are not a gaming computer. Hence, why no one makes a MAC client right off the bat.

I really suggest keeping the MAC heads away from this game. A beta MAC client is probably gonna be buggier then the current PC client. Which already crashes on a daily basis.

Throwing out a MAC client would mean HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS more games filled with AFKers and people that Lag out.

And really. No one wants that.

You have already been playing with people on Macs. We have an unofficial mac client that works quite well. I have run into a lot of leavers, but not me, though I am playing from a mac computer.

LaughinBird

01-23-2013

Wow! Many thanks to riot for this awesome news!