Why is using your ult to execute or snipe bad? (Evelyn's play-style too limited now.)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Halegorn

01-23-2013

I don't mind the current health, but its ridiculous that there is no minimum damage. If you need to ult someone low for whatever reason, lets say for an enemy at 300 health out of 2000. Now it does hardly any damage, even with ap. At the most, it is 100 ish with this ULTIMATE. Give it a minimum damage so she can use it to kill. Elise has two ap scaling % current/missing health abilities, but they all deal fairly significant damage at any amount of health the enemy is at. Either of her abilities could deal more than 300 damage in the scenario above, and for one assassin's regular ability to be able to deal more damage than another assassin's ultimate is a little bogus. I agree with the person up there. Stop treating her like a tank, she is an assassin.

DanRileyCG

01-23-2013

As an Eve main I'm disheartened. Her changed ult no longer fits her character or role in the game. She is not designed to start fights, and doing so goes against her design. Her ult simply isn't rewarding anymore, it's just garbage. Tone it down, fine. But this? I demand a fix for this.

Thubgar

01-23-2013

because it's not just about the person playing eve.
her ult wasn't creating any decision making opportunities on either side. riot probably also thought she was OP. not sure if the numbers support that.

ErosAoA

01-23-2013

They should put Eve back the way she was. She was perfect last patch. She is absolutely ruined now. Put her back the way she was PLEASE! I played mainly Eve last patch and now she's totally been nerfed..... Very dissapointed. I haven't found one person in the game that thinks opposite of me.

TealNinje

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea De Penserhir View Post
Because the game should be balanced around !@#%tards.
You mean it isn't?

Looks at Tryndamere.

Twily Sparkle

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thubgar View Post
because it's not just about the person playing eve.
her ult wasn't creating any decision making opportunities on either side. riot probably also thought she was OP. not sure if the numbers support that.
I really love being able to choose when to go into a fight, and even to hang back and put out the damage once all the cc is spent. or in a duel 1v1 in the jungle, the ability to get into a long fight and then just when they think they have the upper hand in the fight, suddenly chunk them with that burst I was saving when they are not expecting it.

Cretinok

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErosAoA View Post
They should put Eve back the way she was. She was perfect last patch. She is absolutely ruined now. Put her back the way she was PLEASE! I played mainly Eve last patch and now she's totally been nerfed..... Very dissapointed. I haven't found one person in the game that thinks opposite of me.
Than you havent been looking hard enough, or been asking only Eve players.

Nerfs hurt, but they were warranted. Not saying that the nerf to her ult wasnt overkill. Riot may revert some of it like they did with Diana and Rengar but Eve will not be returning to what she was last patch. "Perfect" often gets associated with fun to play. And yes, it can be very fun to own people with an overpowered champion.

korkalek

02-05-2013

I won't over-analyse what should or shouldn't be done, but she clearly has no more edge.

Was she OP before ? A bit.
Is she viable now .. barely.

I mean, sure, if you have a good team and get fed you manage to do OK. But just that ... And if you don't get fed, you are quickly overpowered.

Now I just can't play her efficiently, even with an hybrid build. At best, on a game that goes well and with full stuff, I can hope to assassinate an isolated lux.

I really hope the next patch start slowly re-upping her, bit by bit, until they find the right level. Obviously, not the way she was. But she needs something to make her an assassin again.

korkalek

02-05-2013

I won't re-analyse all that has been said, I'll just confirm what most people say : one way or another, she was over-nerfed.

Even with an hybrid build, and on a game that goes well and where her team helps her get fed, she can at best do OK in late-game. Even with full stuff, she can barely kill an isolated lux.

If there is a new way to play her, like everybody else I don't see it. She need something to give her an edge. I don't know, more damage on her other comps, even more AD scalling, or a lower cooldown on her ult ...

All I know is that, right now, she can only do OK if you play better than the others, with a good team, and even then she doesn't snowball at all. Even a fed evelyn is only a threat to isolated squishies.

On the other hand, even a small advantage to the enemy team makes her instantly useless.

Acanthus

02-05-2013

They could always balance it by taking the ap ratio off the damage of her ult and instead have a base shield amount per champion hit + .15 ap ratio on shield. It's easier to balance max % hp if there's no scaling on the %. Or, to look at it another way, have current % hp non-scaling + flat damage with an ap ratio.