Why is using your ult to execute or snipe bad? (Evelyn's play-style too limited now.)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Twily Sparkle

01-23-2013

Why limit game play options so hard?

I understand something needed to be done about Eve's damage output (especially pared with DFG) Neither the % of hp nor the % of current hp seamed to make sense on the ult to me anyway.. (just looking at the visuals, it should probably do something more like hatespike)

But what I would like to know is why is it so bad to save your ult to execute or snipe people with? karthus and caitlyn are "sniping" people all the time at much longer ranges as well as many other champs that get to choose the optimal moment to use their ults, even malphite's ult is meant as an initiation, but I often see him run in and start fighting, then save his ult to finish the fight when they start running away, or to cover for his team when it doesn't go as planned at the end.

Why take away the ability to add some unexpected burst + shield at the end of a duel? or snipe that cocky person that decides to stick around, even though they have low hp and should be going back to base? Why limit eve's play options so hard to "only meant to initiate"

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

It is bad, says who? Meph whatever. (urge to make MLP joke...rising.)

Twily Sparkle

01-23-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drNRCr8KTPA

Riot wasn't happy with Evelyn sniping or executing people.

p.s. *brohoof*

Cretinok

01-23-2013

Riot should just add some minimum dmg to her ult, that way you can still use it to snipe fleeing enemies.

Single target would be fine, but 25% max health (+ AP Scaling) was way too much dmg for an AOE.

Karthus can use his ult to snipe low life enemies.
Caitlin can use her ult to snipe 1 fleeing enemy (which can be blocked)

Adrian Umbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Because squishy close range assassins need to always initiate. And they always initiate against completely full health enemies. Cuz poke is overrated.

Twily Sparkle

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian Umbra View Post
Because squishy close range assassins need to always initiate. And they always initiate against completely full health enemies. Cuz poke is overrated.
(sarcasm) But then why did they take away the ability to 1-shot a full hp mundo if she's supposed to take on the entire enemy team at full hp with DFG and take the rest of the team down to 25%??? riot you went too far! D:

But in all honesty, if the ult is supposed to be used for durability and cc, take off the odd damage, up the cc (maybe add knock-up) and reduce the cooldown dramatically.

Chaotic Butcher

01-23-2013

what i dont get is that she is a assassin and they are treating her like you should play her like a tank to me roit has no idea what they are doing with her. so my idea is well she is a assassin so treat her like 1 with her abilitys and take off the shield and put back the range and power to kill people with her ult and im fine with the cooldown

Z The Great1578

01-23-2013

Guise, u don hav 2 go n after u use it.

In all seriousness though, it's a brilliant initiator, pop it, let your team begin the wrecking ball, and then come in and proceed to not die.

Cretinok

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z The Great1578 View Post
Guise, u don hav 2 go n after u use it.

In all seriousness though, it's a brilliant initiator, pop it, let your team begin the wrecking ball, and then come in and proceed to not die.
But that would require team coordination.

Nea De Penserhir

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretinok View Post
But that would require team coordination.
Because the game should be balanced around !@#%tards.