Riot can you please fix Jarvan ultimate?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apple Bluum

01-28-2013

I believe A Rioter or two has stated the coding for his ult is a difficult task. As a Jarvan main I find this frustrating every time I pick him because I go in knowing I have to be incredibly careful in using my ult or it could have more consequences than benefits.

It is disheartening at times to watch your ult play a reversal on you. It does. Knowing this "impassable terrain" is just a wall of minions where evading them is a simple task sucks. It's the coding used to make the ult exist instead of something else, but a quality of life benefit regarding this ultimate would be nice. Because there is no shortage of champions with high mobility.

IS1f8a3af90af8a4

01-28-2013

bump

BigPatches

01-28-2013

l2p scrub

Serhann

01-28-2013

You can flash/escape away from so many champion's ults, why should Jarvan be treated differently? I've never understood this argument.

IS1f8a3af90af8a4

01-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serhann View Post
You can flash/escape away from so many champion's ults, why should Jarvan be treated differently? I've never understood this argument.
It's not that he should be treated differently it's just how it works like people can avoid taking damage from the ult or just walk straight out which is annoying as hell.

tehdef

01-28-2013

Jarvans ult should look like something similar to this.

You get a targeting reticle. Circle. Say. 1 to 1.5 inches wide. Then you get a 2nd circle around that equal to the width of say, a Gangplank or Pantheon Ult. Well. Whoever gets stuck in that small 1~ inch circle gets a 1/1.5/2 second stun taking 200/300/400 damage. They don't get stuck in walls, maybe a cool animation but that's it.

Anybody who is outside of the main circle but still within the larger circle gets thrown to the outer edge and receive a 30% slow for 1/1.5/2 seconds. However if they are blownback and hit terrain, it applies a small flat stun of 1 second at all levels.

I think this makes for some pretty cool interactions in team fights, as long as you ensure his leap can be telegraphed appropriately so you are able to move out of the way.

IS1f8a3af90af8a4

01-28-2013

bump

Johnny Hates

01-28-2013

Go for it riot

IS1f8a3af90af8a4

01-28-2013

bump

Ncik666

01-28-2013

The thing I find most frustrating is that people who can't normally get through impassable terrain can leave J4's ult. Riven and Vayne are the main offenders here, but there are plenty of others. I don't mind using the ult and someone using a gap closer or flash to leave, thats part of using the ability, but when Vayne can tumble through an ability that specifically states it makes impassable terrain its just frustrating.