Riot can you please fix Jarvan ultimate?

12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkslayerG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-26-2013

I agree, his ult is pretty unsatisfying seeing as more than 1/2 the champs can get out with their dash skills. I think flashing out is fair game, but why can people tumble/dash/straight out walk out of his ult??

To further clarify, I think SOME champ abilities should be able to get out (e.g. Ezreal, Kassadin). Those are basically flashes and it's what their champ is completely made around. But why can Vayne tumble out? Or Riven Q out? Or Ahri dash out? If the terrain is impassible, then they should ram their faces straight into it like it would for Anivia's wall.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Risemix

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkslayerG View Post
If the terrain is impassible, then they should ram their faces straight into it like it would for Anivia's wall.
You can use these moves to pass through Anivia's wall too.

My problem with it in this case is that you can use moves that allow you to ghost through minions but not walls to ghost through Jarvan's ult and Anivia's wall. You can't E or Q through regular walls with these moves but you can go right through J4's ultimate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1f8a3af90af8a4

Member

01-26-2013

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Niceguydan8

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictusOmnis View Post
Hello? That is what a stun/silence does basically. Except its a little sweeter as it prevents them from moving and using certain abilities (stun) or using an escape ability(silence) that, like, a very few amount of champions have right? By the way, I heard that the new support has this ability that is like a free escape for his teammates. At least that ability is an ultimate with a long cooldown like Jarvan's, right? No? Oh... Ah, that's ok. At least champions those champions that have escape skills aren't coming out too frequently, right?

I do not understand how an ultimate should not be, well, an ultimate. Most Jarvans just use it as a finisher which is NOT how it was intentionally designed to be. Silencing/stunning theSINGLE/UNO/ONE/AGAPE/1 champion that Jarvan uses his ultimate on is a fair fix. If he catches multiple enemies in his ultimate, it won't stun them all, it will only stun the one Jarvan targeted.
The problem is that JIV is pretty balanced as it is and no matter what you think you are proposing a pretty significant buff. Would you be willing to take nerfs elsewhere(probably his Q)? As a JIV main, I wouldn't.

All I want are bugfixes. His ult is pretty good when it's used properly, but next to useless(aside from the nuke) when used poorly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dillybear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-26-2013

yeah, you know what else. they should make it so people cant flash our ghost out of my zyra ulti, or qss my malz ult. wtf riot, ultimates should be ultimate and work on everyone all the time regardless of items/summoner spells/abilities.

edit: on a less passive agressive note, i do find it strange that people can ghost through it, but really, how many people take ghost? and out of the people that do how would ghost be any different than them popping flash instead?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1f8a3af90af8a4

Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilybear View Post
yeah, you know what else. they should make it so people cant flash our ghost out of my zyra ulti, or qss my malz ult. wtf riot, ultimates should be ultimate and work on everyone all the time regardless of items/summoner spells/abilities.

edit: on a less passive agressive note, i do find it strange that people can ghost through it, but really, how many people take ghost? and out of the people that do how would ghost be any different than them popping flash instead?
When people play Olaf they take ghost


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1f8a3af90af8a4

Member

01-26-2013

bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WorstAlistarEver

Member

01-26-2013

Dont give it a stun or a silence or anything like that seriously.
I don't even want more damages on it or longer duration or anything.
I don't even mind about flash and blinks and long range gap closers going through walls.

Just
Please just
Please.
Riot.
Seriously please, just, make that impassable wall a real impassable wall.

When i lock in the Vayne and the Riven because i know they can't go over walls and they still go through my ult it's fukin insulting.

When people just use ghost or simply walk out of it,it's fukin insulting.

Been like that for years,

Now fix it.

I don't care what you say "well these kind of things take times blabla"

No
Just no
Stop. Not to me.

Fix it.
That's all thanks.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1f8a3af90af8a4

Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorstAlistarEver View Post
Dont give it a stun or a silence or anything like that seriously.
I don't even want more damages on it or longer duration or anything.
I don't even mind about flash and blinks and long range gap closers going through walls.

Just
Please just
Please.
Riot.
Seriously please, just, make that impassable wall a real impassable wall.

When i lock in the Vayne and the Riven because i know they can't go over walls and they still go through my ult it's fukin insulting.

When people just use ghost or simply walk out of it,it's fukin insulting.

Been like that for years,

Now fix it.

I don't care what you say "well these kind of things take times blabla"

No
Just no
Stop. Not to me.

Fix it.
That's all thanks.
I agree they've been saying this for quite a long time and still nothing just like karma rework :P still nothing and they probably never will fix it it's just the way riot does things these days they're lazy ever since they became famous things became just meh they always say they care about us but they really don't just look at us europeans they visit our forums like once a day and good bye before season 1 Riot cared about the community they listened to every single suggestion now they just ignore everything and pretty much respond only in meaningless threads. It really makes me sad.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VictusOmnis

Senior Member

01-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwasd View Post
OR, force them to flash/ use their mobility skill early. Q+E them, they flash away,then they use their mobility skill(s) then YOU flash after them. then you ult and laugh since they cant run away
And then you realize that because the enemy blew both of his escape skills and you chased after him using all of your skills, you are now so much ahead of you teammates (they being slowed down by that truly impassable ult) that the enemy just turns on you and melts you before your team comes.

Most players will save their flashes and escape skills till Jarvan uses his ultimate. For one it gives them a breather room because Jarvan's ultimate blocks and thus forces his teammates walk AROUND the circle or wait till Jarvan demolishes it in order to purse. Two it means that Jarvan will have to rely on his knockup in order to initiate.

Don't you see what is wrong with Jarvan's ultimate? It is a glorified Aniva ice wall with some damage slapped onto it. Does that not worry you that a bruiser tank has such a weak, long cooldown ultimate that is just slightly better than a mid lane ap caster's NON ultimate ability with a smaller cooldown??


Quote:
Originally Posted by Niceguydan8 View Post
The problem is that JIV is pretty balanced as it is and no matter what you think you are proposing a pretty significant buff. Would you be willing to take nerfs elsewhere(probably his Q)? As a JIV main, I wouldn't.

All I want are bugfixes. His ult is pretty good when it's used properly, but next to useless(aside from the nuke) when used poorly.
You say his ultimate is pretty good when it's used properly...

You know what I am wondering? How can you say it's good when used properly when it cannot even properly execute what it was intentionally designed to do. Jarvan's ultimate is in many ways more of a hassle for you and your teammates than for the enemies. I have faced plenty of Jarvans and you know what? I love it when Jarvan ults on me because I can use my flash/escape ability and guess what? Jarvan's wall just blocked his entire team from pushing and coming after me. OR it forces his teammates to flash and a shuri/movmentspeed/gap closing ability as well to just get to me.


Jarvan's ultimate is NOT fine and is NOT working as it was intentionally designed. Everyone knows it. This stun/silence will SHIFT his ultimate from a laughable 4th ability that is mostly a hazard to him and his own team to an actual ultimate that can work as intended. No, you do not need to nerf something every time you buff it because that defeats the reason why you buffed it in the first place: because said champion needs something more.


12345678 ... 9