Crazy LP loss Spike

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TophrBski

05-17-2013

Hey everyone, I'm sure this isn't the first time this has happened to someone, but I sent riot a support ticket and I got back a cookie cutter generic answer, so I was hoping someone else might be able to give me an answer. Over the past 2-3 weeks I have been trying to climb out of Silver 1. I have been slowly moving up, gaining anywhere from 3 to (very recently) 8 LP for wins and losing the same amount for loses. Last night I won three games in a row with LP gains of 8-4-2 respectively, after those three games I was sitting at 98 LP. My next match however I lost, for that match I lost 18 LP. I haven't seen that much fluctuation in LP in probably at least a month. And I know it wasnt because my MMR was much higher than everyone else I was playing with, because I was duoing with a friend of mine who is gold V (we had been climbing out together, he a little faster than I). So, my only thing is... what gives? Now I have to make up what will probably be 5 or so wins just for that one loss.