Game spontaneously ended

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noric

01-23-2013

No idea how to recreate.

1.Playing normal game
2. Had "Attempting to reconnect" message and supposedly a ping of 500 (I never lost net - teamspeak kept running flawlessly and i could open webpages).
3. Left game and had no option to reconnect.
4. Added random person from that game and asked if ended (His experience matched mine).

Are there any logs i should upload or anything for this? I do have a replay but i know that is an unofficial system and probably would not have pertinent information.

Ninjutsu

01-23-2013

Hey I was just in this game on your team as leona I remember your name. This happened to me and I also made a post glad to see it wasn't just me.

Noric

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjutsu View Post
Hey I was just in this game on your team as leona I remember your name. This happened to me and I also made a post glad to see it wasn't just me.
J4 also experienced the same(and he said that he was premade with draven that had something happen to him as well).

Ninjutsu

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noric View Post
J4 also experienced the same(and he said that he was premade with draven that had something happen to him as well).
Sounds like a Riot issue for sure. I hope they are looking into this.

Noric

01-23-2013

Quote:
Sounds like a Riot issue for sure. I hope they are looking into this.
I believe there may have been similar experiences during the whole "loldrop" time period so it isn't totally unheard of. However, I would hate for this kind of thing to go rampant again.

Ninjutsu

01-23-2013

Quote:
I believe there may have been similar experiences during the whole "loldrop" time period so it isn't totally unheard of. However, I would hate for this kind of thing to go rampant again.
I was instantly worried about me being flagged as a leaver because of this, for now I think i'm going to refrain from playing another game until hopefully a red responds. Also I have never heard of this "loldrop" time period.

Noric

01-23-2013

Quote:
I was instantly worried about me being flagged as a leaver because of this, for now I think i'm going to refrain from playing another game until hopefully a red responds. Also I have never heard of this "loldrop" time period.
People found out how to do "denial of service" attacks in such a way to force dc people out of games. It was pretty messy.

You won't get flagged for a leaver. The game ended when all the people left it (same way customs end early). To be flagged by leaverbuster you need to be gone a certain amount of time (i think 10 minutes?) before it does anything. Since the game wasn't going on for another 10 minutes - unlikely that you had anything happen.

Ninjutsu

01-23-2013

Quote:
People found out how to do "denial of service" attacks in such a way to force dc people out of games. It was pretty messy.

You won't get flagged for a leaver. The game ended when all the people left it (same way customs end early). To be flagged by leaverbuster you need to be gone a certain amount of time (i think 10 minutes?) before it does anything. Since the game wasn't going on for another 10 minutes - unlikely that you had anything happen.
Oh wow that does sound messy I hope that isn't what is going on here.

Well that's a relief was worried because the client was telling me that if I leave exit the client I may be banned or marked as a leaver.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

01-23-2013
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
No idea how to recreate.

1.Playing normal game
2. Had "Attempting to reconnect" message and supposedly a ping of 500 (I never lost net - teamspeak kept running flawlessly and i could open webpages).
3. Left game and had no option to reconnect.
4. Added random person from that game and asked if ended (His experience matched mine).

Are there any logs i should upload or anything for this? I do have a replay but i know that is an unofficial system and probably would not have pertinent information.
What was the full list of champions in the game?

Ninjutsu

01-23-2013

On our team we had cassiopeia, jarvan, nocturne, leona, and draven. I believe the enemy team had xerath, udyr, taric, graves and I honestly can't remember the who they had top.