Smartcasting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Feel the flux

01-23-2013

Hi,
I got katarina with my RP and i read that she is good to use smartcasting with,I'm not sure how to turn it on and need some help...
Thanks

Hiryuu16

01-23-2013

You can change your hotkeys among the other preferences in the menu that comes up from hitting Esc. By default, Smartcasting is Shift-Q, Shift-W, etc. Once you know the range of your champ's spells, Smartcasting improves your speed substantially, which is important on an assassin.

Delete Teemo

01-23-2013

ideally, you should smartcast almost every skill. It shaves tons of time of of your combo, letting you deal your damage quicker. Although, it can be a bit weird-feeling for some players.

Fs Son0fSilas

01-23-2013

There is also an option for smart casting on release. This means you hold down the ability key, and it will show the range, upon releasing the key it will cast.

Alcowpwn

01-23-2013

I typically smart cast every skill except for some ults that I want to aim well like ashe arrow, ez ult, lux laser etc. But just by using smart casts on lux, I was able to increase the speed on my combo by 30% and makes securing kills much faster.

Fat Ninja

01-23-2013

Smart casting is set default as holding shift +QWER.

You can however change it to always smartcast by going to keybindings, in the options, scroll down to where it says smart cast Q, W, E, R, etc. It will say Shift+Q, change that to simply Q.

You can then go back up to where casting the spell was set to Q, which should be blank now, and change it to Shift+Q.

This way you regularly smartcast your abilities, but when you need to stop and aim, you can hold shift.