Vlad runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jewjitsu94

01-23-2013

So i recently started playing Vlad and my friend who has been playing him since he started has said hp per lvl are the seals you want on him. I was thinking thought that filling seals with percentile health runes and percentile health quins. This could also be good since if you go far enough down defensive tree you get 4% bonus hp so you can get a total of 13% bonus hp. Which would mean that your passive will be giving you more AP, but I'm not sure if this is a good build or not just wanted to see what you guys thought of it.

M4nTiCoR3

01-23-2013

The % health runes certainly have potential, as he gains HP for AP and can easily get above 3k HP solely focusing on AP items. I am not sure at what points % health would outpace per level or flat health runes though. I'll bet someone has the math somewhere. Even if they do outpace, it may not be significant enough to warrant them if they cost more per rune to buy. Vlads early game is weak anyways, so a slightly stronger late game for a significantly stronger early game isn't worth it IMO.

I personally like to run a mix of AP runes along with HP/5 runes. This gives me redonkulous sustain in lane when paired with a regen pendant and pots, and still gives me good poke. I like AP runes over Mpen or HP because they provide better scaling over health imo, and i tend to get my Mpen from other items.

iDpark

01-24-2013

It really depends on what kind of role you want to fill for your team.

Bruiser ish build, sure go ahead, but make sure your have more magic damage on your team.
also works best top, vs another AP because you're missing out on the armor seals

AP mid? 21 in offense is better imo.
Building more AP items, and Warmogs as last item for defense.

This is my preference.

X4N4T05

01-24-2013

I main vlad and take HP per level seals... pct runes are viable i suppose, but i usually build straight AP so the % runes wouldnt help much