Atma's impaler

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

April20Th

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2013

does is stack.

could i get 2 atma's and like 3 warmogs and get twice the attack damage from all my health?

not saying thats a good idea just curious

M3GaL0d0n

01-20-2013

Items 101... "Unique Passives with the same name," never stack, unless its for cooldown reduction which goes up to a max of 40%. Passives that aren't Unique will stack, but these are usually not very powerful unless they are stacked, an example is any Doran item, which scale quite well when stacking two or three together.

Guy on a bus

01-21-2013

No... Never buy doran's. Waste of gold. 2 doran's could have bought you vamp sceptor, which heals you for a lot more and does more damage.

Fluffy1

01-21-2013

if its "unique passive" it does stack from multiple different items just not with multiple of the same item, some items have this in place to stop people spaming certain cheap items like revolver for spell vamp or fiendish codex for cdr ect. if its "unique passive - (name effect)" then if if you have that named effect on multiple items it will never stack, examples include tear of the goddess and sheen effects. if the item just have "passive" then it always stacks.

powwder

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy on a bus View Post
No... Never buy doran's. Waste of gold. 2 doran's could have bought you vamp sceptor, which heals you for a lot more and does more damage.
2 dorans is 20 ad, 160 hp, 10 regen per hit. which is more than a vamo scepter.

dorans should be built in certain situations because they donlt build into anything else, but will let you trade better early on. main case is when you are behiend and are at risk of falling further behiend.

acosn

01-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy on a bus View Post
Gold per gold spent any doran's item is the best gold value in the game.

The only problem is that they don't build into anything. You use them largely to supplement your early game when you have 500 gold laying around, but you have wards already and need to buy, say, a BF sword next.

HenryKrinkle

01-21-2013

Just say no to dorans blade.
Boots, always boots.

Madraac

01-22-2013

Back to the OP, also buying more than one Warmog's is generally a bad idea, as you have no armor from it to protect you from all the incoming damage, plus you are still gimping your damage output.

For champs that truly benefit from health, such as Olaf or Voli to name a few, you will still be better to get only 1 Warmog's, and then a Frozen Mallet. It increases your overall AD, plus health benefits, plus a unique passive.

Honestly, Atma's is a situational item, and should be picked up as a later item if at all. When I go that route, it is often the 5th or final item that I pick up, and mainly because we are already snowballing to the win.

totalwar235

01-22-2013

apparently you could do just that in season 1 or 2(i was not there but my friend knew about it), buy a few warmogs and stack atma's for alot of damage. though you cannot do that now. Listen to Madraac

Pobbes

01-23-2013

No, two atma's won't stack. To be honest, I find atma's to be a very niche item. I think the only champ I build it on consistently is Garen since he can use the crit, the AD, and his W's passive makes it's armor component more effective. I might build it on olaf for similar reasons, but that is about it. For most other tanky types i tend to get randuin's, frozen heart, or iceborn gauntlet instead of atma's