Ruby sightstone just isn't enough...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hairyhulk

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrayBuffoon View Post
Except now they are raising the cost as per PBE.

Ruby Sightstone

Total cost increased to 1550 from 1330

Health increased to 360 from 300

Sightstone

Total cost increased to 950 from 700

Now builds out of Ruby Crystal + 475 gold

Health increased to 180 from 100.
Wow. I did not know this. Why would they essentially reverse the changes they made with gold gain for supports? Confused me is confused.

TheGrayBuffoon

01-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairyhulk View Post
Wow. I did not know this. Why would they essentially reverse the changes they made with gold gain for supports? Confused me is confused.
Yes, exactly. Here: http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/01...te-2.html#more

They raise the price but we still only get to place 2 wards from Sightstone. Who else buys SS except supports? And who is starved for gold more than supports? This is a direct nerf to supports. So much for alleviating support gold woes.

Lord Sirrush

01-26-2013

hmmm i dont know. making the order like that may work. Its easier to have the gold for a 475 items then go out and do work and come back and get another 475 items than it is to try to spend 700 for an item that dose almost nothing out front when you can buy wards around items purchases to make you stronger and help your adc get kills and get more gold and just do it again. On the other hand if you are losing lane you cant justify a ss when you need to be stronger so you have to get avoid it anyways. Adding a ruby crystal into the mix gives you more choices and it also gives more choices to the jungler and tops. its have its something to test out.

Sorinta

01-26-2013

I don't buy normal wards any more. I start with no wards unless its some huge early ganker in jungler I need to watch for, then I buy a sightstone the first time I go back and I never buy a ward through the entire game.

Once you upgrade it you can constantly have 3 wards out all the time, and to me that is enough. To me it isn't the supports sole job to ward the map. Other people can ward some times too. If you gut a ruby sightstone and keeping those wards active all the time, you are doing your job.