Cost Efficiency question.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EnglishLanguage1

01-26-2013

So I started playing Sona and have enjoyed her a lot. I've only played AI games, but plan on getting into pvp, and have a question about my planned build.

Generally, unless I need edit something to account for the enemy team, my current planned build looks like....(with 2 levels in the starting gold boost mastery)

Fairy Charm+Rejuvination bead+a few Sight Wards to start. Then I build a Philo, Boots, and Kage in that order.

After that, my planned final build should look like...

Shard of True Ice+Zeke's Herald+Runic Balwark+Banner of Command+Ruby Sightstone+Locket of the Iron Solari

(Will of the Ancients subbed for Zeke's Herald if my team ends up being mostly casters)

I'm going or mostly an "Auras up the ***" build for Sona, with the Solari's shield in case we need it.

I'm wondering if there's anything in this build I should swap out or change(again, this is before accounting for enemy builds), and what the most cost efficient order to get these in.

etharian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

The build itself looks pretty decent imo. Only thing i would switch is pick up the sight stone sooner. Generally after philo if you can. It will net ou more gold than the pick in the long run.

Personally i think core items are philo sightstone and boots. After that it all depends. But locket i will say is a great item and super gold efficient. Especially against an aoe centric team

Lord Sirrush

01-26-2013

read this it has a good cost break down on items for support most support items are situation so just change your build depending on who you are going against and how the game is going. Enemies getting away with just a sliver of health and you cant catch up fast enough you need a shirilieas. Alot of ap on the other team runic bullwork will work better. Lots of ap on your team try will of the ancients.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/01...orts.html#more

etharian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2013

The build itself looks pretty decent imo. Only thing i would switch is pick up the sight stone sooner. Generally after philo if you can. It will net ou more gold than the pick in the long run.

Personally i think core items are philo sightstone and boots. After that it all depends. But locket i will say is a great item and super gold efficient. Especially against an aoe centric team

EnglishLanguage1

01-26-2013

Ah, that makes sense. Sooner ward item=sooner it pays for itself.

Also, I noticed from some ranked games I spectated that a lot of Sona go with the Chalice of Harmony, and was wondering if it's worth it to replace the Banner of Command with Athene's Unholy Grail.

etharian

01-26-2013

Actually forgot about the runic bulwark. Definitely a good recommendation if no one else in the team is picking it up. Goes great stats. Super cost efficient with just one other person getting the aura and a great item for some magic resist. Chalice wouldn't b a bad choice. But id say in most cases grab the runic. It'll help it the whole team more

EnglishLanguage1

01-26-2013

Oh yeah, once I get the intial items finished up, I immediatly rush the Aegis , and build the Runic after I get a few more of the other build items(typically I do Aegis, then Zeke's Herald or Shard, then the other one, then the Runic).

And after the link, Im planning on trying dropping the Banner of Command and getting a Chalice of Harmony after I build the Shard of True Ice to solve my mana problems.

So my build should look like...

Shard+Athene's+Zeke's+Runic+Sightstone+Boots(I realized I forgot the boots in my initial post, Locket to be subbed for Chalice if the enemy team has a lot of AoE champs)

Also, is it better to build each item one at a time or build as I can afford them?(As in, once my starting items are gotten, is it bettet o rush rush Aegis, then rush Zeke's, then rush Shard, or bu them the emblem, part of Zeke's, then finish Aegis, then finish Zeke's, etc)

Cenerae

01-26-2013

Never have a fixed item build when supporting. Just about all of the items you will be likely to make are all better in different situations, and given your low income as a support you'll not be able to buy everything you want.

So, be willing to adapt and think about what your team may need in each game. Shard of Pure Ice is a good example of this, because it works at it's best when you have melee range champions on your team that struggle to keep close to their targets. No need for building one if you have an Olaf and Lee Sin as your frontline