Best ADC to learn with?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HippiekillerVX9

11-15-2012

Hey folks, Im looking to start improving at my ADC play and Im wondering what you all think is a good choice of champ to learn. i have played AD before but not often. I normally play top lane bruisers or mid lane casters.

The reason i have decided on this change is I am seeing a lot of people (at my **** elo) avoiding ADC. Well, if no one wants to play it, I guess I should lol.

Ootter

11-15-2012

Id try one of these:

Caitlyn - Has good range so you don't get to close to the other teams adc early game, she also has the trap for stuns and a slow escape.

Varus - (my personal favorite adc) has a massive long range poke. Also if you like casters he plays similar to one in lane.

Corki and Tristana - Both have amazing escapes and gap closer.

Graves - Is pretty tanky early game, lots of damage, and can kinda escape with his dive thing.

I named quick a few and i am sure others would disagree, but each of these have things about them that make them easy or certain players. Adc is all about being able to get more cs in lane than your opponent adc, assuming your lane is even. And late game just don't get caught out and stay safe, since chances are you will lose team fights if you aren' in to kill champs

Tr

11-15-2012

I may get downvoted for this.
But personally i feel ezreal is the best choice. Purely because if you practice and get the hang of ezreal and champ should be a breeze. What i mean by this is ezreal is mostly skill shots. Once you learn how to place the skill shots he will be a rewarding carry indeed. Plus learning skill shots helps with other champs you play mid and even occasionally top.
If you for so reason have an extreme dislike for ezreal then i would just stick with the holy trinity of graves, or corki, or Caitlyn.
I choose these purely because in the beginning of learning adc's your going to be out of position a lot... all of these adc's have a reposition like ability.
Ez-Arcane Shift
Corki- Valkeryie
Cait- 90 caliber net
Graves- Quickdraw
Twitch- Stealth(Q)

SOCI3TY

11-15-2012

Well lets consider what you'd like to learn with your first AD carry

-Proper Last Hitting
-Positioning
-How to Poke
-Comboing with different supports

For this reason I think Ashe would be the most effective. It's the ADC I learned on.(mainly because there we're only a few at that time) and I would still recommend her. I don't feel like playing corki/trist/ezreal are going to make you the best you can be. While those easy escapes will cause you less frustration but with one flash every few minutes I think you'll learn proper positioning more quickly

Poking is easy with volley and you're not going to get any easy kills early against less skilled players, which is a good thing in my opinion. Her natural slow will also give you alot of experience for kiting like you would on other adc's with a red buff.

Jesot

11-15-2012

I agree that Ashe is still the best to learn with.

She's also going to be beastly with the new items. Hurricane on Ashe is going to be devastating. I believe they made that item specifically for her.

Rezo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Ezreal, Corki, Graves, maybe caitlyn.

Corki has always remained a viable pick for as long as I can remember. I unfortunately do not play him as well as I would like.

Its my opinion that the other champs have too much difficulty recovering once they start losing.... aka your support better not suck.

Evolnemesis

11-16-2012

Putting my vote for Ashe too... she teaches proper positioning, kiting, skillshots, and she actually can get out of tight situations pretty well for not having a hard escape... she has her big ult stun (MAN I hate that arrow to the face just when I think I've got her...) and pretty much infinitely useable slow, which help her get out of trouble (or not get into it in the first place) a lot.

I would avoid a champ with an easy escape at first just because it makes you sloppy with positioning and teamfight strategy... the lessons you learn with a champ without an escape like Ashe will help you on EVERY ranged champ you play. Even on champs with easy escapes, if you're practiced with a champ like Ashe you will find you won't need those escapes as much, and this will let you use those movement abilities offensively instead in the right situations more often to get extra kills.

Epictues

11-16-2012

yea. that makes sense. practice on a champ with no hard escapes will make playing with the other champs that much easier

enhgly

01-26-2013

i like ashe also and for the same reasons as above

AlethiaArete

01-26-2013

Ashe, I agree. People have basically nailed it.

Plus Ashe is only 400 some IP