Kha'zix tips...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fate000

01-23-2013

Okay, so I bought Kha'zix yesterday and I really like him. (He's everything I bought Nocturne to do... should have saved that 4800 IP). I play his jungle more then laning, I find it's more fun to jungle him.

I build
>Wriggle's Lantern
>Ionian Boots of Lucidity - Alacrity
>The Black Cleaver
>Bloodthirster
>Warmog's Armour
>Something situational (another BT)

Any tips or jungle route I should do? How about other items?
EDIT: Oh right, skills. I max Q-W-E and evolve Q-E-R (evolve W is useless IMO)

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

01-23-2013

Not sure about jungle, but in lane:

Max Q first (W second), evolve W first, then E, then R.

Fate000

01-23-2013

Evolving Q is better then evolving W in jungling since W's AoE is already large enough to hit all the monsters, and if you end up fighting a champion in the jungle they're gonna be isolated 90% of the time... Not to mention added 200 damage each Q against Dragon/Baron.

SmackASack

01-23-2013

I haven't played him in a week, but I normally do really well doing:
Flask, pot, ward
Brutalizer into BC
Bloodthirster
Last Whisperer
GA
Then I fill the rest with whatever the situation merits.

For skills, I used to do Q-W-E for upgrading, but now I do W-Q-E simply because with the first evolution, W's damage incrementally increases more than the Q's. The output you gain per level is greater for the W.

Evolutions I do W-E-R. Rarely, I do Q. R essentially gives you another 1s off all of your cooldowns by letting you disappear for that time. Think of it as being able to Q, stealth, and Q again.

That was all for lane, and I just read you want it for jungle. Well. This is kinda useless.

B1 GateKeeper

Senior Recruiter

01-23-2013

Q might be better to max while fighting jungle monsters.. however, W is still going to be a better choice for ganking/end game.
So I'd max:
R>Q>W>E
Evolve:
W --> E --> R

And as for item build...
I'd say drop the wriggles, theres almost no use for it anymore on Kha early game..
>Cloth Armor + 5 pots / Long Sword + Pot (Your choice, i prefer the long sword if you aren't going to use the machette)
>Boots
>Ionian Boots of Lucidity
> Brutalizer
>Vampiric Scepter
>The Black Cleaver
>Bloodthirster
>Maw of Malganis (cant remember the spelling)
>Something situational (another BT) -- I'll agree with this.. I go either a second BT, A Last Whisper, or I've actually been enjoying the ice guantlets.

Jericho Hombre

01-23-2013

In the jungle you'll want to start blue->wolves->wraiths->red->golems.

I start with a hunter's machete (into madred's into wriggles) and 5 pots.

Go mobi boots over CDR boots (keep atricity) for a better roam/gank presence.

Brutalizer into a black cleaver
Blood Thirster
Another one of the two above (based on opposing team)
Maw of Malmortius.

I max Q->W->E Evolving Q first and then either W or E next depending on what I need more at that stage in the game (always evolve the other at 16 rather than the ult).

Fate000

01-23-2013

Seems there's a lot of variation for evolutions... what are the ups and downs of each one?
I evolve Q first for the insane damage it gives against isolated targets (12% of missing HP).
Then I evolve E for mobility: I don't have to save leap for escapes. Also makes it possible to leap over nigh any wall in the game.
Then R for chasing and/or skillful dodging.
What's the point of evolving W?

B1 GateKeeper

Senior Recruiter

01-23-2013

Q:
Evolved Enlarged Claws: Increases damage to isolated targets by 12% of their missing health (max 200 vs monsters). Increases range of Taste Their Fear and Kha'Zix's Basic Attacks by 50.

W:
Evolved Spike Racks: Causes Void Spike to fire three spikes in a cone. Void Spike will consume Unseen Threat to slow and damage all enemies struck.

E:
Evolved Wings: Increases Leap's range and causes kills and assists to refresh Leap's cooldown.

R:
Evolved Active Camouflage: Void Assault can be cast three times. Kha'Zix takes 40% reduced damage while in stealth.

So while Q is nice to evolve, yes, its strong early/mid game but weaker late game due to team fighting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomid guide
Evolving your skills shouldn't be a difficult decision. Your choices for evolution should be dependent on your need to get the most out of each skill to fit the game. Some games you may find that you need to evolve his Ult, while other games you may not need to evolve his W. Keep your personal play style in mind when evolving as well. If you prefer to evolve the same 3 abilities each time, then that is what you're most comfortable with, and that's what you should stick with.

Try to keep in mind what skills should be evolved before others. You may like to use the same evolutions every game, but you wont always be able to stick to the same evolution order. Increased escape/chase capability may be more important in one game, while another game may warrant an increase in ranged attacking ability.

>>>
Kha'zix receives an attack range boost of 50 units for his basic attacks and his Q. While it may not seem like much, 50 units puts Kha'zix out of the auto attack range of a lot of other melee champions. This evolution also increases his Q's damage against isolated targets by adding damage equal to 12% of the target's missing health, effectively giving him greater damage against targets who are missing large amounts of health.
This Skill will most likely always end up being one of the skills you evolve as the range and damage increase are very beneficial.

>>>
Allows Kha'zix to fire three bolts, instead of one. The bolts are fired in a cone pattern. His W will now apply the effects of his passive upon use, which will apply the passive's effects to all enemies that are struck. Minion waves and camps can be cleared much faster, and strike multiple champions that are spread apart.
Can make jungle clears go faster, the firing cone is large making it easier to aim, and the passive consumption makes it a skill to keep in high regards for evolving.

>>>
Extends Kha'zix's jump range by about 150 units more then its basic range. Whenever Kha'zix scores a kill or an assist, his E is refreshed, allowing him to use the skill again. Kha'zix can jump nearly any wall on the map now(the exceptions being the the large "peak" of top lane on blue side/bot lane purple side across from the turret, directly behind red buff, and the walls behind the first turrets in mid lane), strengthening his ganking, chase, and escape potential.
Though it increases his mobility, it's the least important skill when it comes time to evolve anything compared to other skills. However, the ganking potential of the skill greatly increases.

>>>
Allows Kha'zix to activate his ultimate 3 times, instead of 2 times, before it goes on cool down. Kha'zix also takes less damage while under the effect of the stealth as well. This gives Kha'zix increased damage through passive abuse, and the ability to survive against AoE spells much more efficiently.
An additional activation improves damage output potential, and lowered damage against you improves survivability, a skill that should be kept in high regard for evolution.
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=...ix-build-guide

So it's really a game by game decision.. Q = faster clearing of jungle, but no slow... W = slow but smaller dmg to isolated targets..

Up to you which you'd prefer at that specific time

As a side note.. I had to laugh while looking through guides and reading this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by guide
Late Game : As Kha'zix the game should not really go this long but if it does you are probably able to one shot the whole team at this point. The strategy remains the same as the mid game for teamfights and seiging.

Pobbes

01-23-2013

Alright, here's my kha jungle. I go machete, black cleaver, bloodthirster, machete into Spirit of the Lizard Elder (now with CDR!), Blade of the Ruined King, then some defensive item (usually warmog's or iceborn gauntlet).

I take spirit of the lizard elder mostly becaue it comes with good regen stats and now brings cooldown reduction. Blade of the Ruined King I take for the active which I include in my ability rotation. It gives good sustain and acts as one more part of the AD caster rotation.

I tend to evolve E first then W. The evolved E is great for engaging because of the increased range, and the refresh helps you survive the dives. Evolved W is great for chasing with the ranged slow. It's also very useful for kiting for the same reason. If you can get your passive to proc, you can kite the whole enemy team with W. I evolve Q last, because at that point the bonus damage is much more useful in securing kills. Before late game, Kha doesn't need evolved Q to secure kills.

Magical thingy

01-23-2013

I build him with 5 bloodthirsters and an icy mallet. SOLO BARON!!!!!!! <it works>