IronStylus, Where are the silly skins?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaoticon

01-24-2013

No, "silly" skins like brolaf are terrible.

EyeBeMostHated

01-24-2013

NBA Darius or SlamDunkDarius

Mallic

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeBeMostHated View Post
NBA Darius or SlamDunkDarius
See? That's another example of LIMITED appeal. Basketball may be a fairly popular sport worldwide, but NBA stands for the NATIONAL Basketball Association. Which nation? USA. Another example of stamping LoL with Americanisms. And precisely what Riot is trying to avoid too much of. Ye already have Lil' Slugger Trundle, so...that's about as much reference to American sports culture as the game needs.

theurbanraptor

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallic View Post
See? That's another example of LIMITED appeal. Basketball may be a fairly popular sport worldwide, but NBA stands for the NATIONAL Basketball Association. Which nation? USA. Another example of stamping LoL with Americanisms. And precisely what Riot is trying to avoid too much of. Ye already have Lil' Slugger Trundle, so...that's about as much reference to American sports culture as the game needs.
actually basketball was played at the Olympics, everyone knows what a DUNK is...

Aeaeros

01-24-2013

Anyone who watched the basketball in the Olympics also knows what the NBA is. Being the highest salaried league in the world, most players from the Chinese leagues or the Euroleagues would love to come play in the NBA -- and often too.

I think Mr. IronStylus's point though was even though people around the world know what Basketball is the people who are interested/aware of Basketball are not the people who are interested/aware of League of Legends. I too can sympathize a bit with this, coming from Florida we really don't care much about hockey, even though we have the Florida Panthers and all know hockey is the sport with sticks and pucks; my sister though goes to school up north and man is the northern/northeastern U.S. just downright hockey crazy.

That said, I think I have another cute idea: Coca Cola-inspired Volibear -- You know! Like the ones from those Coca Cola Christmas commercials? And I know this is a universal theme! Coca Cola is one of the best known brands in the world. (Oh man! can also imagine Singed with a giant bottle of Coca-Cola or Pepsi, you know the old glass bottles with their distinctive shape?)

Anyways, some of the ideas here have seriously made me chuckle or laugh. I say bring on the ideas, who cares of Riot does or doesn't do something with it. Still worth of a laugh, and maybe Mr. IronStylus might pick it up or get a hint of inspiration.

LET US BE HIS MUSE!