IronStylus, Where are the silly skins?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Incomitatus

01-24-2013

I'm so glad to hear that you're wanting to refocus and make time for humorous skins. I really love a lot of the skins like that are just comical and silly. This is pretty much my main focus when I look for skins to buy in the store.

CSDragon

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodeios View Post
They were all fan submissions also, which is something I'd like to see more of.

Beekeeper Singed was a submission that has been floating around the forums for years and I'd still buy that in a heartbeat because it's such a humorous idea.
Don't forget Heartseeker Draven. A well loved idea that's barely noticed.

brixor

01-24-2013

Neon strike Vi is good skin ( franky in one piece ho yeah)!

IS13537e7a92416eab299e3

01-24-2013

What about Reverse Teemo?

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Yep, baseball is pretty global, but it might not be what's most in the minds of our particular users. Themes like summer, space travel, holiday related themes, those all tend to be fertile ground for ideas. While we really like to get into our "memes" here in North America, it's easy to forget there's an entire world that plays League of Legends! As much as we in the US might be confused and possibly not interested in something so uniquely regional in another country, we have to remember that the rest of the world isn't always going to get what we here find amusing. Again, that's not to say we won't make a good idea, some ideas are just more universal, and I think we're better served by embracing what we universally find funny or silly.

It's pretty cool to see just how similar our sense of humor is when you look across the entire world!
Talking about holidays, have you ever though on expanding your holidays and festivities more worldwide? I'm pretty sure something like the Rio Carnival would spawn some really awesome skins on par with the Lunar Revel ones.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

Quote:
I think the themes of Jarvan and Shaco for those skins is relevant on a cultural level that might even transcend sports. They're also appealing to a western audience for various reasons. Again, not to say that we wouldn't make something themed around baseball or another sport, but my suspicion is that our global demographic is dealing with a different type of ingrained cultural sensibility than professional sports. That includes the US in my opinion as well. That's just how I feel though. I could be wrong.
Yes, Lu Bu Jarvan.

jedidioh

01-24-2013

Quote:
The global community isn't necessarily on the same wavelength as maybe a skin like Brolaf or Gentleman Cho'gath. That doesn't make them not awesome, or make them off limits, it just means that we might want to expand what is appealing to a wider variety of people. Pool party Ziggs, Astronautilus, Battle Bunny Riven, those are all pretty universally appealing takes on humor.

It is funny because you forgot to mention Corporate Mundo. Everyone Loves Corporate Mundo.

Ibuki Suika

01-24-2013

Quote:
That would probably have constituted bumping it to Legendary.
but it IS a legendary skin. its just 975 in cost because it was riot's birthday. <_<

k0die

01-24-2013

i like the idea of like, clothing mix up skins, like shen and akali pick up the wrong dry cleaning

Ro11MeAnotherJ

01-24-2013

Just an idea .. its pretty funny .. world peace darius .. have him in like a protesting skeam with a sign not an axe all hippy dippy out i think thats fun and hits around the world but i guess its hits someplaces a little hard lol