IronStylus, Where are the silly skins?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aeaeros

01-23-2013

Mr. Stylus,

I would like to see some more of the more playful or colorful skins again. I completely understand some of this skins might be not match the current theme or style of League of Legends, but you cannot deny some of these "silly" skins already exist too.

Now don't get me wrong, the recent skin work has been out of this world. And as a customer, I think you have created "value" for me; your recent skins are all a huge improvement over the older ones and for (the most part) the same price.

But with all of this fantastic and thematic stuff, what happened to the other stuff like Lil' Slugger Trundle? Or Totally Not Blitzcrank? (Even Pool Party Ziggs?) These serve to lighten the mood and are always good for a laugh or two.

With this in mind, I even have two ideas. One belongs to my friends though.

Batter Jayce / Baseball Jayce - Because I mean, his melee form E really feels like taking a Louisville Slugger to someone. Not to mention his ranged Q's can easily be seen as a fastball. Acceleration Gate? Oh that's just a cheating Technologist!

Bowling Malphite - Lots of potential here. Namely, his Q already looks a bit like a bowling ball. Now imagine the possibilities for his ultimate. Little **STRIKE** animation windows popping up if he knocks-down all 5 enemy members (think of the cute animations on Arcade Sona).

Bonus perks, there's already a few soccer skins (albeit dated) and the aforementioned Baseball Trundle skins -- Maybe even a Baseball Jayce skin for the next All-Star Game or World Series?

Just Another Summoner

P.S. Zyra also needs a Poison Ivy theme skin. I know you guys are huge comic book fans. Also, if anyone else has some ideas on silly (but fitting) skins, please feel free to share! Oh and for the record, I am not even a huge baseball fan. I just recognize the similarities there with Jayce.

Ireliateyou

01-23-2013

Pizza Delivery Sivir

Riot please

Aeaeros

01-23-2013

!Oh my god that's another good one. Brings up memories of either Samurai Pizza Kat or Michaelangelo from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!

I can just see Sivir throwing a pizza at people. (Super strange coincidence, currently watching Fraiser and they just had a pizza delivered)

Volksworgan

01-23-2013

Honestly I think that's a great idea, not only does it make things a little funnier, maybe it will calm rage in normal games where people really should just have fun. I know I had Pool Party Ziggs because it was awesome, I refunded it for Snow Day Ziggs because...well that **** eating grin>all.

Aeaeros

01-23-2013

Oh for sure, I am not sure who is in charge of skins, I assume it's IronStylus, and I know there are/were some funny ones before (like those I mentioned) it just seems that none of the new ones have been light-hearted. They're all of a few certain flavors, we've seen a lot of "light (heavenly/divine)" oriented skins with like Justicar Syndra and Arclight Varus for example. There's been the Steel Legion stuff. But everything else here is just super-serial.

Remember that time Riot went on a rut and didn't produce a single support for a long time? Yeah, feels like we need a silly or cool non-serious skin again.

And it was K

01-23-2013

Brorelia

Bernie Madoff

01-23-2013

Gummy bear volibear

Kionashi

01-23-2013

maaaan, i miss those silly skins.....when was the last time Riot made a skin like Brolaf, or Gentleman Cho gath?? those were cool skins...

And it was K

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kionashi View Post
maaaan, i miss those silly skins.....when was the last time Riot made a skin like Brolaf, or Gentleman Cho gath?? those were cool skins...
Pool Party Ziggs

SonOfTheDevil

01-23-2013

Reverse GP...he is now an orange

He ate a pirate and it was k

12345 ... 7