I'm stuck on one champ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTGThunderThighs

01-23-2013

I may be posting this in the wrong forum, I'm not sure. But, I've been playing League on and off for the past few months, maybe a couple times every few weeks. I enjoy the game, and I get most of the concepts. However, I'm stuck playing Alistar, since he was a free champ, and I played him first. I'd say I'm pretty decent with him, considering he's my only champ. Every time I try a new champ I think I'll like, I just get annoyed and end up doing horribly, then I go back to Ali. I guess I can't get out of my comfort zone. Any advice for me? Anybody else get stuck in this rut, and manage to get out?

txheejzoomoua

01-23-2013

yeah...just keep practicing

Fs Son0fSilas

01-23-2013

If a champion is visually pleasing and they have a kit that is cool to you, by all means play them.

It can be frustrating, but your skill with them won't improve until you put time in and practice. Do you think you would enjoy Sion? He is fairly easy to pick up and he can be played AP or AD. His AP burst is insanely high and being new, is easy to learn. His AD can rip through objectives.

He was my first main, and is great for new players

RealMouse

01-23-2013

play the freebies at least once per week..so you can get familiar with them.
as to getting annoyed..in what way? are you trying to play them the same way? (doesnt work btw, all champs are different)
tristana is another free to own champ, just have to "like" the LoL facebook page.

what about alistar do you like most? least? lots of unanswered questions still, but we are here to help

MTGThunderThighs

01-23-2013

It's just hard for me to adapt to another champ, really. I like Alistar's crowd control, and his minor support roles, but I'd like to be a little more of a damage dealer. I'm saving up for Nami, currently. She looks like a lot of fun to me. But I also want to start getting more used to AP or AD, since I've never played a champ like that. I've been told to pick up Yi, but it's a huge change, and I'm a stubborn player.
I'll have to keep Sion in mind. I've never thought about playing him, though.

Jacob Grimm

01-23-2013

If you want to play another champ and you are still figuring out the meta of the game, play a champ that fills the same roll as Alistair (i.e. a support champ) one that heals and has CC and goes bot lane most games. Sona comes to mind (though she isn't as tough) Taric as well can be a good choice. All three are similliar, but different.

RealMouse

01-23-2013

the new champ on the horizon might just be your type. Thresh should be out soon, you might want to consider holding off of nami till you get a turn with him. in my opinion, nami is a closer play style to sona than alistar. sona is free to play right now, so check her out..if you really dont like her, then nami might be a waste for you.

johntiger1

01-23-2013

I generally play only free champs, as I'm still fairly new to the game. Also, I think the different playstyles compensate for the lack of maps.

Vincius

01-23-2013

This is pretty normal, everyone gets good with a champ, then try another one and well... suck. You have to keep in mind that when u tried Alistar first, you probably were not very good with him but u learned to like him. Now you try another champion and seems to think you'll master him (and his role) in just a game or two, sadly it doesn't work that way, you'll have to practice it as much as you did with Alistar. You have to change your mind from ''playing tank'' to ''playing carry''. As alistar you learned about crowd control, supporting, blocking spells and things like that which aren't so useful when playing carry for example, which is more about positionning and dealing damage. The more champions u master at some role (for example tanks) the easier it gets to learn to play a new one. Switching to a new role takes so time to get used to.

coheedrocks72

01-23-2013

I'm the same way, I was stuck on yi for a while now I'm all over the place trying to get better at multiple different champs and roles. If I suck I suck, and if I get yelled at, it happens lol.