Riot needs to fix the tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

feredorand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

No one even reads them, everyone just hits punish.
The only time their is a chance at people reading is if it is 1 or 2 reports and even then i doubt people read them.

The fact that you can get banned for trash talking enemies or even swearing is also ridiculous. There is a language filter for a reason and shouldn't be bannable.
As for trashing talking enemies it can easily be a psychological things. I like to trash talk enemies when im a tank to get them to target me as opposed my squishy teammates. Or even pretend like we are fight amongst are selves to lure the enemies into a false sense of security.

As for trash taking your teammates I do feel this is totally reasonable for banning, but trash talking enemies is part of any competitive sport, and if their is a language filter there is no reason for people to be banned for swearing.

The tribunal needs to reworked, as it is right now you can go on there blindly hit punish and get probably about 80-90% correct. I went on their awhile back and read the entire chat, spending a good 5-10mins on each case and i got only 30% correct, because everyone else just mashes punish.

YueienGato

01-23-2013

1) How do you know no one reads the Tribunal reports? This argument of auto punish is as old as the Tribunal itself. You are stretching your imagination on possible outcomes in order to reduce the chances that *gosh* you got bamp'ed.

2) On trashtalking, this guy here also thought that Trash talking was a legit and PERFECTLY HARMLESS activity. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/6153037/

I ain't gonna bother trying to point out the problems that this is essentially verbal harassment. People have a right to not be yelled at BY teammates and BY opponents. This ain't NAM: this is a free to play game. Just cause there is a filter doesn't mean that the intent cannot be felt. If you cannot control the crazy and/or negative stuff you are saying than the people reporting you will.

3) The Tribunal is alright, you know why? Cause the majority of people who are IN the Tribunal are there for a reason. Sure, occasional issues arise but I've only seen one revised bamp happen in over six months.

But the Tribunal must be broken cause, for whatever reason, it found you, the last sane man on earth, in the wrong.

Grow up.

PenguinKillBear

01-23-2013

haven't seen this thread a hundred times before. Still waiting for someone to show me a logical argument as to why the tribunal is not a great idea.

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

working as intended.

Defarus

01-23-2013

Trash talking and swearing is not ban-able, rather, excessive and unnecessary amounts of it, are ban-able. And this is coming from someone who has had up to a month ban specifically for trash talking and swearing. No AFKs, no intentional feeding, literately, 100% swearing and trash talking. And you know what? I'm fine with it. I did it A LOT more than I should have. It's not necessary. Doing what I do now, which is too a far lesser degree, but still trash talking, is completely fine with 99.99% of my teams. You don't need to go all out on someone.

As for your tribunal case, I'm going to call bull****. Over the past few months I've managed to get a 81.75% correction ratio reading through them. If you're getting 30% on those things, you're stupid. A lot of the times the majority of the people on there do use excessive amounts of foul language. You scan through them all, maybe look back through an iffy game, and rate it. If the persons said "are you ****ing kidding me" 20 times, yeah, I'll punish them. I've also gotten people who didn't say A WORD the entire game on there reported, and pardoned 100% of the time. (You can see the outcome on your Justice Review).

There are stupid bans, yeah. But if you look them over, maybe you said **** one to many times, or trash talked a little too hard. All in all, you should pay more attention to the game rather than saying "lul u cn't kill me i have 2 muc health" and harassing your team consistently. It only makes you look bad and get reported.

Kantala

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by feredorand View Post
The only time their is a chance at people reading is if it is 1 or 2 reports and even then i doubt people read them.
I read them, and I can guarantee you that I look for every reason I can possibly imagine not to punish people. Unfortunately, people like you refuse to believe that. Live in this bubble that everyone else is the problem and not you. Which, I guess it's fine. It just means we'll have to deal with the whining about something that is not the REAL problem, just a scapegoat for your own behavior.

Ladayen

01-23-2013

Quote:

The fact that you can get banned for trash talking enemies or even swearing is also ridiculous. There is a language filter for a reason and shouldn't be bannable.
As for trashing talking enemies it can easily be a psychological things. I like to trash talk enemies when im a tank to get them to target me as opposed my squishy teammates. Or even pretend like we are fight amongst are selves to lure the enemies into a false sense of security.

As for trash taking your teammates I do feel this is totally reasonable for banning, but trash talking enemies is part of any competitive sport, and if their is a language filter there is no reason for people to be banned for swearing.

There is a difference between trash talking and mouthing off. Every sport I know of will fine or suspend players for mouthing off. The limits are far lower then what is tolerated in LoL
The tribunal needs to reworked, as it is right now you can go on there blindly hit punish and get probably about 80-90% correct. I went on their awhile back and read the entire chat, spending a good 5-10mins on each case and i got only 30% correct, because everyone else just mashes punish.
Well.. considering that dozens if not hundreds of people have reported a person to get them in the tribunal odds are pretty good they are actually guilty. Well you are correct that people shouldn't simply hit punish, Riot does take steps to limit the effectiveness of this abuse and removes the ability to contribute to tribunal
See bolded text in quote.

feredorand

01-23-2013

you want evidence of people always clicking punish?
go to tribunal on an account hit punish every single time.
it gives you 80%+ correct

YueienGato

01-23-2013

Quote:
That isn't evidence. Now if you did this with 10 or more accounts then, yes, that is evidence.

What you're providing is conjecture with no documentation showing the process.

Lord Ferret

01-23-2013

Quote:
So how do people get pardoned then. Wouldnt it be if everyone click punish then the punish rate would be 100%?

You logic is bad and you should feel bad too.