what to do if ADC gets countered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlizardSpree

01-23-2013

I need some advice on how to adjust play style when my ADC gets counter picked. Does having a specific kind of support help? Do I sit back and farm? what can i do to try and push back in hopes of negating the counter pick? I usually go Cait, Ezreal, or Graves

Skaliton

01-23-2013

I don't understand how you get "countered" as an adc, if you mean the adc counter list it's silly

if you mean like pantheon leona are bot, keep in mind they HAVE to dominate you early or their gambit will leave them screwed, if this is the case be defensive, if you miss half the cs but they haven't killed you or super outfarmed you it's fine.

As far as having a specific support goes it depends

Madraac

01-23-2013

ADC's do not get "countered" like you see in the solo lanes or even in jungle when they choose a counter jungler. If you mean that "x" champ is better at one part of the game then the other, such as Vayne being more of an end game ADC, then you do exactly what Skaliton mentioned with a stange lange comp, play defensive and wait for that late game to be the beast you were meant to be.

The idea of counters for any champ should not be your focus, instead focus on being so good that you do not need to worry about a "counter" as your skill will outshine the actual countering. I cannot tell you how many times people get flammed in a ranked game for not picking a counter, but the person is so good with their chosen champ that it does not matter. unless you are in the upper ELO echelons, I would not worry about your ADC counter whatsoever.

iDpark

01-24-2013

There are soft counters, yes.
Mostly, when you lose bot, you got outplayed, or screwed up. Or both.

I main support.
iDpark
Look me up on lolking.net, Season2 and Season3 ranked stats.

BK Ambientz

01-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDpark View Post
There are soft counters, yes.
Mostly, when you lose bot, you got outplayed, or screwed up. Or both.

I main support.
iDpark
Look me up on lolking.net, Season2 and Season3 ranked stats.
Why the hell would someone be looking you up? Not even 1300 elo. Nearly 50/50 win/loss. Not to mention looking you up has nothing to do with the poster's issue.

You can't really get countered as an adc. The hardest one is Vayne vs Caitlyn, where Cait is just gonna outpoke you to death. If its normals, dont stress it happens. If its ranked and you're an early pick, go safe pick cait or ezreal.

Brasidius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2013

So in this scenario are you the ADC that got countered or are you the support player? Everything up to the last sentence had me thinking the latter (and hoping for good suggestions), but the last sentence and a lot of the replies are making me think of the former.

Notorious P I P

01-28-2013

I use to blame counter picking for losing my lane as adc but quickly realized its really more skill based than champion based. Number one tip is be kind to your support. Much like a quarterbacks relationship with his line, your relationship with your support will go a long way to making your laning better.

And as the others have said, when playing those odd lanes, don't let them snowball on you and you will come out on top. When you lose the laning phase, don't rage... Farm. You can always come back from a rough early game if you play smart.

XxxLumberJackxxX

01-28-2013

'countering' ADCs? Cmon bro....
Unless its Cait v Vayne there are no real ADC counters.

Darahas

01-28-2013

AD carries don't have counters. They have good and bad matchups. AD Carry is mostly player skill.
If you are fighting a hyper-carry like Vayne or Kog'Maw, try not to get them fed and mostly focus on the passive farm game.
If you are a hyper-carry like Vayne or Kog'Maw, try to be more aggressive while still keeping up in farm. Kills help immensely in that lane.

I'd ask your team (if draft) to ban out Blitzcrank first and foremost, and if the team has open ban slots, ask for a ban on Leona. She's a real terror, almost as bad as Blitzypoo.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2013

Bottom lane analysis:
40% support
30% AD
15% support matchup
10% AD matchup
5% awareness.