How does LeaveBuster address people who return late?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spald

01-23-2013

I'm talking about that guy who quits/crashes before the game loads, or 1-2 minutes in, and comes back at the 35 minute mark. They've already ruined the game, so does LeaveBuster only recognize them if they're gone when the game ends?

Followup, does reporting someone who quits actually influence anything? Or is LeaveBuster completely automated? I know Leave/AFK reports don't go to tribunal, so where do they go?

Exploding Barrel

01-23-2013

Leaverbuster is completely automated. I believe being afk or disconnected for ~5 minutes gives you a strike in LB, but I'm not 100% sure that's how it works.

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Leavebuster detects when you afk in game. and are disconnected. You dont have to get a leave mark on the game for leavebuster to ban you.

Think of the leavebuster as a point system. Get so many points you get rank 1. then 2 and so forth.

If you afk for 5 min or are disconnected for 5 min you get 1 point for every 5 min you are afk / disconnected. You get 5 points if the game becomes a leave mark on your games. IE it will say leaver.

Lets say get 25 points you get leaver rank 1. Which will ban you anywhere between 1 hour and 1 day. Most people who have internet problems wont notice this ban due to them not playing for that hour or such.

Now if you get 50 points your leave rank goes to 2. Which then will ban you anywhere from 1 day to 3 days.

Then 75 goes to 3. 3 days to 5 days.

100points level 4 . 5 days to 1 week. Which is the max ban you can get from the leavebuster. Now Riot has stated that yes you can be perm banned by leaves in your game and leavebuster.

I would like to think you would need 1000 points to be perm banned by leavebuster. Kinda hard to do IMO.

Now you lose leave points by playing lets say every 5 games not afking or dcing (does not have to be in a row) You will lose 2 points.

Every week that passes (might have to play games for this to work) You lose 3 points. Now After you get off your time ban you auto lose 3 points. so your leaver score will go down.

Now First DC up to 10 min is free. Thus if you DC (not clicking the quit game or closing the program.) you get a pass kinda. This kinda saves people who kinda have internet issues the client crashing.

this is how i view the leavebuster system

Kantala

01-23-2013

Keep in mind that I don't think those are the exact numbers, but it represents a viewpoint on how it works in general.

To directly answer your questions in order. I will pardon leaves in the tribunal. Or rather, I will skip that game if the only thing they're guilty of is a leave. Things happen and I'm lenient about that. If they have a 5 game case and the majority of those games are a leave, I will punish because what they're doing is not attempting to solve their connection problems and continuing to ruin games for at least 4 other people because of it each time. The influence on the case file IF they make it to the Tribunal is to see whether or not is habitual. Fortunately or unfortunately, I haven't had a case that had several leaves as their only offense in it.

The short answer is no, the player can still be in the game to get a mark against them for leaving. While I haven't been "busted" by the leaverbuster because I have a generally sound internet connection, it's always a good idea to get more information on the system and things that can cause your client to become instable. I completely left one game because I didn't know that a system restore would cause the client to not load me into a game at all.

I'd suggest reading these:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2493800

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...ver-buster-faq

Leaverbuster is completely automated. I doubt anyone knows where the "afk/leaving game" reports go, but if someone knows please feel free to prove me wrong.

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantala View Post
Keep in mind that I don't think those are the exact numbers, but it represents a viewpoint on how it works in general.

Leaverbuster is completely automated. I doubt anyone knows where the "afk/leaving game" reports go, but if someone knows please feel free to prove me wrong.
first. Yes that is true. That is my view on how it works.

Second. I think they get tagged into the leavebuster system.

Other reports that dont make it to the tribunal. Unskilled player.

Kantala

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ferret View Post
first. Yes that is true. That is my view on how it works.

Second. I think they get tagged into the leavebuster system.

Other reports that dont make it to the tribunal. Unskilled player.
Touche. That's what I was thinking too, but I didn't want to offer conjecture if there was a possibility of facts that said otherwise.

Lord Ferret

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantala View Post
Touche. That's what I was thinking too, but I didn't want to offer conjecture if there was a possibility of facts that said otherwise.
Yeah I am not 100% sure about that. But I think I had seen a Red post about it somewhere.

But just dont take my word on everything.

Ladayen

01-23-2013

Ok my information is based off of the end of season 2. If they have changed anything during the preseason my apologies.

Leaver buster is a completely independent automated system. It will never issue a perma ban. Afk/Leaver reports go to tribunal. It is possible to be banned by leaver buster then have a tribunal ban for the exact same games added on to that.

The formula for being warned/banned by leaver buster is somewhat more complex then the theory provided above. A new player is significantly more at risk of being banned then a seasoned one. If you go afk in your first 2 games on a new account you will get a 24 hour ban. A person who has played 100 games(without any afk's) and has 2 back to back games will not even receive a warning. It's mostly based on a ratio of games played vs games where you went afk/left.