Pregnancy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mere Intricacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

I'm about to get a second job during uni, cause renting required additional costs.

c4lm

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpartner View Post
Yeah i don't understand the concept of being a student and not also taking on part time work, i mean where else are you gonna get money to do stuff from?

Also this guys 23, he should be done with university by now
It's different in Australia. The way your course loads work give way more flexibility. My cousin goes to university in Sydney for a psych/kin duel major. She also works part time.

This isn't realistic here. Your average science/engineering course load is class from 8am-2pm
and then a 5pm lab that goes until 9pm. THEN you do the course work at home. Unless you plan on working in your 2-3 hour mid day break, good luck. The only people who ever work are 4th years with few lab periods.

You can work weekends if you somehow manage to finish your course work during the week (which is pretty much impossible).

Mere Intricacy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Weekends?

c4lm

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post
Weekends?
Read real hard there, science major.

Mere Intricacy

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campir View Post
Read real hard there, science major.
Nice edit, art's major.

c4lm

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post
Nice edit, art's major.
Nice fat rolls, McDonalds employee

Mere Intricacy

01-23-2013

Quote:
Nice fat rolls, McDonalds employee
I don't have any fat rolls.
Nice try pretty boy.

Aliath

01-23-2013

lol every time

Mista Jangles

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliath View Post
If you weren't so eager to righteously judge this guy, you'd have read that he always wears protection and that it's never come off. Shame on you.
My apologies. This is an issue I get passionate about. Why should abortions be allowed other than situations like endangerment to the mother, rape, or incest? Why should abortions be given to those who are only getting them as birth control to get out of the responsibility of being a parent? I just don't get it...

silentpartner

01-23-2013

Quote:
It's different in Australia. The way your course loads work give way more flexibility. My cousin goes to university in Sydney for a psych/kin duel major. She also works part time.

This isn't realistic here. Your average science/engineering course load is class from 8am-2pm
and then a 5pm lab that goes until 9pm. THEN you do the course work at home. Unless you plan on working in your 2-3 hour mid day break, good luck. The only people who ever work are 4th years with few lab periods.

You can work weekends if you somehow manage to finish your course work during the week (which is pretty much impossible).
My university degree required on average 36 contact hours a week (spread between 8am - 6pm) every day, with 1-3hr gaps between lectures/tutorials/labs etc plus the recommended ~36hrs homework (equal to contact hours was the estimate they give). I worked nights (6/7pm -10/11pm) and weekends, granted i only worked ~20hrs a week so it wasn't that much, but i still think part-time work when at uni is easily feasible. I worked at the hockey stadium adjacent to the university i attended btw, was a cool job.

Then obviously in summer/semester breaks you up your work hours considerably or do full time work, i worked full time at a nursery for **** pay in my summers til 3rd year when i did work experience, god that nursery job was ****ty, 9hr days at like $9/hr starting at 6am, blegh.