Pregnancy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

silentpartner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet View Post
Are you female? Have you been pregnant?

Going full term /sucks/
Look up all of the side effects, and then tell me "Yes, I want to go through that BS to save a life that I may never get to know, and it may not even want the life it is given"

If they are in schooling age espc, Congrats, you just told her to throw her life away, and put the kid in the likelyhood of an equally hellish situation with a high chance of birth defects.

-hates prolifers-
Interested in how you came across the bolded section?

Are you basing that off the mother abusing her body when she's pregnant?

Also @OP there is basically 0 chance your gf is pregnant if you use a condom and all she has is tender breasts. Most of the time women won't even realise they're pregnant until they miss a period. So stressing about in when its <4weeks since last period is crazy silly.

Also at 23 your life should be set-up well enough to take care of a child, i suggest you focus on achieving some stability.

SilverKitsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draxarr View Post
She said she felt better today.

Last night when she felt a bit of nausea/dizziness, it was happening around the time of her trying to get a night class(she was wait-listed). I asked her if it had to do with her being nervous/anxious, but she didn't know.

She also said she doesn't have any milky discharge from her ******(a clear sign of early pregnancy). We'll see though on the 26th.
Pharmacy student here. A few questions to consider before you really really work yourselves up (and don't feel obligated to actually answer within the thread):
  1. Did intercourse happen between 1/5-1/19? Semen is generally viable within the female body for up to 5 days, although it has been documented to be viable for 8 days. Ovulation typically happens about 2 weeks prior to the onset of a girl's period. Since you mentioned her period was due on the 26th, the math works out roughly to that estimate. (It's only an estimate, though.) If it didn't happen between those dates, you might be safe.
  2. Since cost is an issue, was intercourse within the past 72 hours? If so, you might want to go to your local pharmacy for Plan B/emergency contraception. It runs for about $60 at the pharmacy I work at, and is available over the counter provided your girlfriend is over 18. You'll have to ask for it at the counter, though, and show a government issued ID proving you are over 18. (It may differ based on which state you live in.) And be prepared to do a little hunting - one of the pharmacists at work has refused to dispense it on account of personal beliefs, even though I was more than willing to dispense it.
And one last piece of advice: Once this blows over, it might be wise to have an open discussion with her about using multiple forms of contraception (the cheapest options are probably oral contraceptives - prescription only - and condoms). Condoms may break, pills can be missed, but in theory, if you use more than one form, it'll be less likely to have a repeat scare in the future. Condoms are pretty cheap nowadays, and most oral contraceptives are covered by insurance. And if not, they can be as little as $9 per month cash.

Hope that helps, and good luck!

Internet

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpartner View Post
Interested in how you came across the bolded section?

Are you basing that off the mother abusing her body when she's pregnant?

Also @OP there is basically 0 chance your gf is pregnant if you use a condom and all she has is tender breasts. Most of the time women won't even realise they're pregnant until they miss a period. So stressing about in when its <4weeks since last period is crazy silly.

Also at 23 your life should be set-up well enough to take care of a child, i suggest you focus on achieving some stability.
No, I was under the impression they where in high school. And younger preggers can= birth defects.

And at 23, you might be stable, but you might not want a kid. Your wasting your most energetic years tied down.

IRLDragon

01-23-2013

Good for you for getting an abortion. There are far too many humans in the world already. I find it appalling that things like slaughterhouses and deforestation go down as everyday business, while the *potential* loss of one more screaming, spoiled brat in the swarm of 7 billion is demonized as murder.

And before someone rolls in with "what if you were aborted?"... I didn't choose to be born.

silentpartner

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internet View Post
No, I was under the impression they where in high school. And younger preggers can= birth defects.

And at 23, you might be stable, but you might not want a kid. Your wasting your most energetic years tied down.
Well in his previous post(s) he stated he was 23 and not ready/set-up for a kid, hes got no job or something i guess. I never stated he SHOULD have the baby, but at 23 he should be ready for what life can throw at him and if he can't even afford a $400 abortion he's not doing a good job.

Also the problems associated with teen pregnancies (particularly <16) are mostly stress and refusal to seek help (denial) related, with also the issue of undeveloped bones causing problems during delivery, but i think if the teen underwent proper pre-natal care and minimised her stress then she would have the same (or less) risks than older women.

Back when birthing a child in your teens was common and accepted (no stress) these problems didn't occur (obviously the birthing problems were more frequent due to poorer care conditions and potentially underdeveloped bodies) but the child itself had the same rates of problems as older pregnancies.

My opinion is it's much higher risk for a women >30 to be pregnant (first time) than a women aged (17-20).

Mista Jangles

01-23-2013

You had ***, and you can't face the consequences if she is pregnant? Man the **** up and keep the kid. You jumped into bed with her and didn't use protection. You need to take responsibility and not run away from it.

I swear, this is what's wrong with the world - people who can't take responsibility for their actions, so they avoid them altogether by the unnecessary killing of an unborn child. At the very least put the kid up for adoption if you are unable to take care of a kid.

Mere Intricacy

01-23-2013

Also why can't two 23 year old's afford $400.
It's $200 a piece.

vcadoda

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post
Also why can't two 23 year old's afford $400.
It's $200 a piece.
Some people don't have jobs or don't try and save money.

Mere Intricacy

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcadoda View Post
Some people don't have jobs or don't try and save money.
Why would two 23 year old's not have jobs?
What possible reason is there for that.

vcadoda

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mere Intricacy View Post
Why would two 23 year old's not have jobs?
What possible reason is there for that.
self esteem, lack of motivation, welfare, disabilities, etc.