Mercurial Scimitar suggestion- 1 second Olaf ult.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

To clarify, I posted an optional tweak so that would only give the QSS effect to ranged champions: so when I said "carries" I really should have said "Melee ADCs".

Also, why should it specifically be a Bruiser item?

They can already survive CC and burst without a special countermeasure.

I proposed that it be geared towards Melee ADCs to make them a more viable archetype by making them harder to shut down.

(Also, timing the one second CC immunity and a stun to hit after it has much more counterplay than, say, buying a Warmogs and surviving burst no matter what.)

ExcitableOyster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2013

Only read the first page but I'll just throw this out there.

We have hourglass for AP champs. We don't have an item for AD champs? Hourglass prevents you from moving or doing anything but at least it will protect you. Its a very similar concept to what you're proposing but prevents you from being totally invulnerable.

Galgus

02-18-2013

My suggestion only involves CC immunity for one second.

Outside of the already present debuff cleanse upon initial use and its inherent magic resistance, the item would not be preventing damage.

Anyway, Hourglass works for some Mages for two reasons:

1. Its handy if you have an AOE effect going that it doesn't cancel.

2. It can buy time for their abilities to come off cool-down.

The Zhonya's effect wouldn't work for the champion that need CC protection most- Melee ADCs- because their damage isn't cool-down based and it would ruin their positioning, which Mages are typically not very reliant on to do damage.

It would give any targets time to get a safe distance away and give enemy stuns time to come off cool-down.

Galgus

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chrome View Post
Most of those are horrible examples, especially if you're sticking with the thesis Quicksilver Sash is overpowered because it renders champions meaningless. Those are examples of when activating QSS removes something. but removing something doesn't suddenly make a champion meaningless. Removing the stun portion of Condemn doesn't make Vayne meaningless. That doesn't really effect her at all, she has a gap closer and can knock you backwards at the same time if she wants to maintain distance from a melee champion, or generally make you evaporate if you're a ranged champion. And if you're an offensive unit trying to utilize being not stunned to kill her, forcing an opponent into getting an MR item to counter a champion that deals predominantly physical damage is pretty much the definition of winning. Banshee's Veil would at least cut out the knockback effect and damage, considering Condemn is the only ability Vayne has that effects it. The Wukong example is even worse.

I wouldn't call it an incredible failsafe against teams with lots of CC either. Half the champions you listed can proceed to have their way with you via the wide range of other CC effects they have access to. I mean, you remove the poison from Singed - Singed then proceeds to fling you back into the poison. Solid use of a 90 second CD? Nope.
I agree that he was vastly overestimating QSS's impact, though part of the thread's suggestion is geared to make MC work against things QSS doesn't.