Can someone please tell me why I was banned?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Big Damn Hero

01-23-2013

Hey! So late last night I was in an LoL chatroom (General I believe) and there were these two people that kept spamming their keylogger links (websites that if you go in, they take your LOL password), I got pretty ticked off and started telling everyone that joined the chatroom (literally everyone, I can type fast :3) not to go to those websites when POW "Your account has been suspended"

The last time I checked, protecting people from phishing sites wasn't against the terms of service, is it?

I'm not exaggerating anything, that's literally everything that happened... why am I banned?

Oh! And I didn't post this last night 'cause I saw my ban as a "good thing" since it gave me the oppurtunity to study for my midterms (which were today), but now that my midterms are over, I wanna play LoL again

Koelio

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by leHarvest View Post
Hey! So late last night I was in an LoL chatroom (General I believe) and there were these two people that kept spamming their keylogger links (websites that if you go in, they take your LOL password), I got pretty ticked off and started telling everyone that joined the chatroom (literally everyone, I can type fast :3) not to go to those websites when POW "Your account has been suspended"

The last time I checked, protecting people from phishing sites wasn't against the terms of service, is it?

I'm not exaggerating anything, that's literally everything that happened... why am I banned?

Oh! And I didn't post this last night 'cause I saw my ban as a "good thing" since it gave me the oppurtunity to study for my midterms (which were today), but now that my midterms are over, I wanna play LoL again :)
Check your email. And your spam folder. You should an email from Riot explaining things. If that doesn't work contact support

Yiyo chan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-23-2013

For what I know ( might not be accurate ) maybe it flagged You as a spammer if you literally everyone the same thing over and over and over and in a really fast way. For an automated spamming filter is quite irrelevant if you did it for the greater good.. Maybe a better way was screenshotting them and sending a ticket to support so they delete those accounts.
As the fellow poster said above, check your e-mail inbox, spam folder or send a ticket in top right corner of this site to figure out what happened..

A Big Damn Hero

01-23-2013

Thanks! It doesn't really matter too much anymore, it was only a couple hours long ban so I can play now

Xianio

01-23-2013

Ya, it's just an automated system. Nobody looked at what you were writing then said "ban this kid!"

A Big Damn Hero

01-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xianio View Post
Ya, it's just an automated system. Nobody looked at what you were writing then said "ban this kid!"
>